Triple M Network

modern rock is garbage though

3 Likes

They did Modern Rock back in 2012 and it rated appallingly, it was barely listenable with the very narrow playlist and high rotation.

Triple M footy (AFL & NRL) are both strong brands and I’m pretty sure toward the end of last year the Sunday show was the highest rating out of the 3 NRL broadcasts.

3 Likes

A lot of it is, but Rebel still finds good new stuff

5 Likes

Interesting comments and feedback. I’m in my early 50’s and much prefer the MMM playlist over GOLD due to the fact MMM does play some new music which adds variety which GOLD dosent . In saying that I prefer MMM regional Good times and greatest hits over Rocks greatest hits as it has better variety IMO. I switch off when the sport comes on but you have options now with DAB and streaming. Also a big fan of Triple M country.

6 Likes

Yes I agree. I tune in to MMM Gippsland which in my opinion plays a better variety than MMM Melbourne. Triple M 80s is good for the 12 inch mixes but it is far too repetitive.

5 Likes

Triple M’s Night Shift program going with Jason Morrison, who is filling in for Luke Bona ‘for a few days’.

5 Likes

There will be a special edition of Rush Hour this Thursday (April 4) called Gather Round It, live from The District at SkyCity Adelaide, ahead of the second AFL Gather Round. It will feature hosts from both Adelaide and Melbourne shows - Billy Brownless, James Brayshaw, Bernie Vince, Greg Blewett and Andrew Jarman. The free show kicks off at 3.30pm local time (4pm AEDT).

4 Likes

Does anyone have a good URL for Melbourne Triple M to add to an internet connected radio.

I have one but I suspect its the one listnr uses to insert customised ads, so I get ad block with long blocks of silence.

No ads, yay I hear you say, not so much as I get up to check it hasn’t dropped the connection.

5 Likes

Loving the Triple M GOAT countdown and they are only in there first year which is 1990. Great mix of songs so far this morning.

4 Likes

Pretty strange that the Regionals aren’t doing their own version of the GOAT Year countdown.

2 Likes

It’s not the first time they haven’t done their own version of a metro countdown.

As with every other countdown, Queen will probably be Number 1 anyway. Or AC/DC.

4 Likes

To be fair to MMM, the latest promos of the GOAT year countdown poke fun to the usual outcome, play a bit of Queen, and say it’s obviously 1977.

It’s great to hear so much good music being played, including from the mid-90’s that don’t tend to get a lot of airplay anymore. Why can’t MMM sound more like this all the time?

4 Likes

When listening via other apps I get local ads (as in ads in the area your’re accessing the stream from, not local ads for that station) that haven’t really been updated for 3-4 years.

2 Likes

That’s what i get on Listnr, local Newcastle ads regardless of which Triple M i try.

I’ve been meaning to try my VPN to see if that changes this. I’d much rather hear native ads as per what goes to air in that market.

3 Likes

Luke Bona only working three nights this week. ANZAC morning and Friday off for an extra long weekend.

Slack? 27.5hrs on air, almost a quarter of the weekday MMM content in some markets. Amazing effort.

3 Likes

I get Melbourne ads in Brisbane sometimes. I don’t think its the most intelligent on location services.

4 Likes

Try this one:

http://legacy.scahw.com.au/3mmm_128

3 Likes

Good to hear non-stop live U2 performances during (at least) the 8:00pm hour on Triple M Nights with Dave Gleeson this evening. Some of the songs I heard included “Atomic City” at 8:15pm and “Beautiful Day” half an hour later.

3 Likes

Spent the last few days in and around Sydney - two things I noticed

• Their treatment of AFL coverage (on DAB+) was woeful - simply dumped the Swans/Suns game at 3pm to take on another NRL game little warning. Surely if you’re going to use DAB+ for diversity over 104.9, then surely using an alternate DAB+ station that Triple M already has would be a better option
  • How much of Mick & MG is repeated the next day? I happened to listen to their Monday podcast, the majority of which was repeated on this morning
6 Likes

Unless they were taking the North Queensland based call of the 4pm game or simply simulcasting the main MMM feed (which now covers the 2PM game with the change of rights as of this year) then there’s no point in them ditching one to take what could already be heard elsewhere.

4 Likes