Triple M Network

I never knew that FM104 was originally Triple M. I love it when I learn something new!

1 Like

It was just a coincidence I believe. They weren’t under the same ownership. But yes, FM104 launched as 4MMM. Within about 2 years however they started calling themselves simply FM104. Occasionally though they would still say “FM104, the home of 4MMM”.

4 Likes

I have to say the 4MMM in that logo isn’t terribly obvious.

Just looks like a bad seismograph if you ask me.

Great find though!
I’ve never seen that logo before.

4 Likes

Well it was 1982 - I’m sure it was very cutting edge at the time :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Did anyone manage to catch a listen? I’m interested to know how the boys fit into the Triple M brand - their “stupid young comedy” was good for regional hit breakfast, but seems odd for a night (and therefore traditionally music) shift on Triple M.

Hang on, SCA gave HIggo and option to continue his employment but SCA chose not to continue his employment. Is that what you mean?

Why would a station chasing the audience of Gold FM, (35 - 55 all people) play The Chainsmokers in the first place?

Next time, be sure to stop in Dorrigo at Red Dirt Distillery.

1 Like

SCA had the option to extend his contract but they chose not to continue

1 Like

Thank you, great intel, keep driving those trucks!

Will do crankyman

1 Like

4MMM cold 30 featured Sexual Healing, first I’ve heard it on Triple M

The Luke Bradnam Show with Libby Trickett & Dobbo will be heard on 4MMM in Brisbane from this Monday (27th February) at 3-6pm weekdays. It will also be heard on Gold FM in the Gold Coast from Monday 13th March.

Smart move here

First time brothers (let alone twins) have been on air at rival stations in the same market?

WHY is Triple M Sydney currently airing the AFL pre season game between Adelaide and Richmond?

What the hell is going on here?

4 Likes

Marking time before the NRL season starts next week? By the way, Triple M will broadcast the 6pm AEDT game when there are doubleheaders on Friday nights.

I thought playing what more of what the M stands for would have been a better idea… ?

2 Likes

I’m shocked. So truly… was that what was being broadcast into Sydney tonight?

I should have checked 104.5…

Hmmm… crazy stuff.

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I’m actually looking forward to hearing this show!

Richard Stubbs and his brother Peter “Grubby” have been on opposition stations in Melbourne on and off for many years.

2 Likes

Until 7pm AEDT, Triple M Brisbane’s first local drive show in many years is going to air.

Luke Bradnam with Libby Trickett and Ben Dobbin. Ben ‘Dick’ Wood is anchor/panel op.

Same GnR ‘Welcome to the jungle’ song for show opener that Luke has had since the beginning of his drive show on Hot Tomato in mid 2008. Shorter duration with a few less grabs. SCA keeping it tight and bright perhaps?

First song was Powderfinger’s ‘On my mind’. Bowie’s ‘Let’s dance’ before first caller. Ben announces the song and introduces team. Two mentions in first two breaks for Facebook, social media stats desperation? Ad break from under 15 mins in. Under 3 mins. News is from Sydney but ‘local’.

David Rymer was in the PD position at Hot Tomato for a few years whilst Luke was there. It will be interesting to hear their work with different management influence (SCA from Hot Tomato).

1 Like