Triple M Network

Probably just a formality with sponsors.

5 Likes

Because Lehmo is filling in- Marty is on break he hasn’t left

9 Likes

Who will host summer breakfast on 92.9 Perth during the period?

3 Likes

Prob their usual… Triple M Perth’s Rush Hour duo.

3 Likes

Tom Tilley. Ugh!

Tom Tilley will need to look up where Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide are on a map, he doesn’t show much interest in goings on outside of his Sydney bubble.

4 Likes

I’m more Ugh about David Warner’s missus, we’re going to see enough of her in the weeks after that breakfast stint in his farewell series vs Pakistan…

2 Likes

Because women can’t have their own careers and must live in their husband’s shadow?

Does anyone think SCA will completely phase out the Triple M brand from the GC?

Has their music changed at all? Or is it just a quick way of making the station sound local/heritage?

I agree with another post - I wonder if it’ll mean any change needed to Hot Tomato Gold?

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

It’s actually feels like the opposite in her case, she’s more “Look at Me” than David is

3 Likes

I don’t think SCA will, but if they get bought out by ARN/ACP then it’s very possible we’ll see a return to Gold 92.5 (alongside KIIS 102.9 and Sea FM). ARN would own KIIS and ACP Gold and Sea

3 Likes

True. And I feel this was a dig directly at Hot Tomato Gold.

SCA may have been p*ssed that Hot Tomato are using the Gold name (even if it is just for DAB+).

3 Likes

Potentially.

But sometimes I wonder how much cooperation is going on between the two pending the deal being done. SCA have reportedly been keen to find a buyer and it’s in their interest to make themselves as attractive as possible to a possible buyer if they are keen. At the very least I think with a possible deal in the wind I doubt ARN would raise any objection to the use of a Gold co-brand.

I also think that obviously Gold Coast is the most important regional market in the country, especially for their ‘partner’ ACP. ACP are proposed to take over the Gold and Hit networks so a Gold/Hit combo on the Gold Coast would be a real sweetener for them I’m guessing. KIIS 1029 is also a no brainer for ARN and they’d probably be silly enough to beam in K & J too.

4 Likes

It’s so clunky in the current wording that I can’t imagine they keep it as is for long - IDing as “The Goldie’s 92.5 Triple M Gold” just doesn’t work. “Gold 92.5 Triple M” would work better than the way around it is now, and that’s more like how they put it in the logo.

I do wonder how ARN can be looking at this mess of a network brand and want to take it on, their own “Pure Gold” network does it much better - local brands that are meaningful wrapped in a national imaging and their generic enough “Better Music and More of it” tag line.

6 Likes

Or “92.5 Triple M Gold Gold Coast” haha…

4 Likes

With Triple M Gold Coast being rebranded as Triple M Gold, it gives me hope that Triple M Newcastle and Central Coast could follow suit such as 2KO Triple M (Newcastle) and 2GO Triple M (Central Coast).

4 Likes

They should follow suit with the rest of the network too eg. 2WG Triple M Wagga Wagga

2 Likes

Same for 4TO and 4GR. Both big local brands and stations with a very long history.

4 Likes

Maybe even back to FM104 Triple M, even if it is temporary. (sounds a bit wordy though)

4 Likes