Triple M Network

3 Likes

With Daniel ‘ Leachy’ Leach 92:9 morning announcer moving to anchor the rush hour ,and afternoon announcer Westo returning to 6ix.Angie Ayres has moved up from Bunbury a few weeks ago to host the afternoon shift so that still leaves the morning announcer to be filled any ideas who will get the job?

6 Likes

Ross Edwards - he started about 3 weeks ago.

4 Likes

Is Ross still music director Triple M in Perth?

3 Likes

I thought Ross Edwards was just filling in as he’s been Music director at triple M for the last 3 years.

2 Likes

It’s not uncommon for the on air talent to have multiple roles. Elissa on Mix94.5 is the music director and mornings announcer.

4 Likes

Agree, the bigger stations like in Sydney or Melbourne are likely to have staff with off air roles with a smaller (eg. floater) or no on air role at all. But regional stations will probably have the same person doing 2 or 3 different roles.

6 Likes

A caller about female entrapment of males for pregnancy led Luke Bona to looking for the song by Heart, All I want to do is make love to you from 1990.

Luke couldn’t find the song on 2MMM playlist, sourced from Youtube.

Of course on the many regional Triple M stations that have formats not befitting of the rock brand, that song would get a run?

3 Likes

That surprised me it wasn’t in their database somewhere… i would have thought they’d have thousands of songs at hand, even if it wasn’t part of their regular playlist.

Playing it off YouTube just sounds a bit unprofessional.

4 Likes

I’d guess Luke (or his producer) didn’t have enough rights in Zetta to play a song beyond the standard metro playlist. :joy: I wonder if that’s a thing in Zetta!

5 Likes

Sure is, and common.

User often only has access to songs activated on certain stations, and usually if a song isn’t in active rotation, it’ll be ‘unactivated’ from the station and you’ll need to look in All Songs or a Master/Network library (which not everyone always has permission for).

5 Likes

if it works it works! youtube doesnt have the worst sound quality on the planet

3 Likes

The quality is a bit variable though… if they at least used Spotify or Apple Music, you know it’s a high quality professionally encoded 256kbps audio track.

2 Likes

considering their dab and streaming is 32kbps, dont think many noticed

3 Likes

But if you use a lower quality audio source in the first place, that would get compressed further again. Anyway…

3 Likes

When does Marty Sheargold’s contract end? Any news if he’ll be returning this year?

1 Like

Only a couple of weeks left so I doubt it.

3 Likes

It sounded like it was a spur of the moment thing so he must’ve just gone to YouTube as it was the quickest.
I was surprised myself given that I have heard it before on triple M. Interesting how the library works on Zetta.

4 Likes

Listen back to the audio when it happened, may not have been YouTube this time. Has been used before.

3 Likes

Why are they still referring to it as “The Marty Sheargold Show” when Lehmo is hosting now?

3 Likes