Triple M Network

92.9 runs it 7-10pm in line with the rest of the network.

Regional WA bumps the lineup back by 2 hours to slot in a full Rush Hour WA (Perth) replay at 7pm after Cliff’s drive show.

3 Likes

tradie radio playing 2pac wtf

5 Likes

I gave my feedback to MMM via their listener survey, said Tradie Radio is an awful idea that seems destined to fail. Sadly here in Adelaide where we don’t have as many Dab+ stations MMM 90’s was sacrificed to make way for it.

The whole assumption that Tradies need their own MMM station with all the stereotypes that go with it is laughable. Especially if the playlist is all over the place. Walk past most jobsites these days and they’re more likely to have Fresh FM on belting out dance tunes.

I told MMM they’d be better off putting a music-based station on Dab, similar the Rock in NZ that has a really good broad range of decent rock music, including newer stuff, and doesn’t rely on the same tried and tested hits getting belted to death. I feel it would do quite well here, especially on weekends where not everyone wants wall-to-wall football coverage.

10 Likes

Good points. I think I’ll do the same.

I also agree the “tradie” market has moved on. They moved on to Triple J a decade ago and you’re right now more likely on dance or hip hop stations.

7 Likes

Nothing new. Before Tradie Radio, MMm 90s have been playing House of Pain, Cypress Hill and Public Enemy as well as Fatboy Slim, Moby, Daft Punk. It’s good to hear these songs on DAB as Nova stopped playing them years ago.

5 Likes

There is always MMM 2000s that plays good rock music from that decade or MMM 80s and Classic Rock. Tradie Radio mainly plays 90s with some 80s and 2000s thrown in.

4 Likes

My issue with the MMM decades stations is they’re now playing a lot of stuff like Moby & Daft Punk that everybody was listening to at the time, but MMM weren’t interested in playing because they were too busy flogging a Foo Fighters or Queen track for the umpteenth time. It all just sounds contrived when they try and do it now.

Recent logs from the Rock, I’d listen to this any day of the week. Lots of good stuff in there including bands like Kasabian who again never got a foot in on MMM at the time, because they were too busy playing the same limited playlist, including songs that get flogged to death for a couple of months and disappear never to be heard again:

|04:02:12 NZST|Blink-182|What’s My Age Again?|
|04:04:33 NZST|Breaking Benjamin|So Cold|
|04:08:53 NZST|Midwave Breaks|Souvenirs|
|04:13:24 NZST|Stone Temple Pilots|Lady Picture Show|
|04:16:55 NZST|AC/DC|High Voltage|
|04:20:36 NZST|Elemeno P|Verona|
|04:23:36 NZST|Highly Suspect|Ice Cold|
|04:27:27 NZST|Disturbed|Another Way To Die|
|04:30:57 NZST|Fleetwood Mac|The Chain|
|04:35:47 NZST|Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers|Into The Great Wide Open|
|04:39:38 NZST|Queens Of The Stone Age|Feel Good Hit Of The Summer|
|04:42:18 NZST|Motorhead|Ace Of Spades|
|04:44:59 NZST|Goo Goo Dolls|Name|
|04:48:59 NZST|Velvet Revolver|Slither|
|04:53:00 NZST|Kasabian|Club Foot|
|04:56:21 NZST|Black River Drive|Down By The River|

I really wish MMM would experiment with the same format here.

5 Likes

Once can only imagine in thirty years time when people like me are either dead or in a nursing home, MMM will play Amyl and the Sniffers and the Smith Street Band on regular rotation and call them “the classic twenties”.

5 Likes

I used to go for a walk along a housing estate in K-rock territory where my parents live and noticed most of the building sites of new homes have their radios on to Triple J (which is more dance/pop oriented these days).

4 Likes

Here in Adelaide Sean Maynard does the news on MMM breakfast, but has his own show on Fresh FM Friday nights where he DJ’s current dance tunes and announces his own show. It was like two worlds colliding when I realised it was the same person. More recently he’s also done some weekend slots on SAFM.

4 Likes

Triple M Tradie Radio sounds like Triple M Perth’s playlist - is that right?

3 Likes

Tradie FM Perth! :grin:

3 Likes

I don’t see a major problem with this - especially if the music they’re adding is not far genre wise from the majority of their playlist. I’ve noticed the few times I listened to MMM 90s that they played a wider range of songs (often from MMM staples, but often not) which gave a welcome broadening of the playlist.

9 Likes

This is the format that Triple M Melbourne and Sydney should have.

That playlist is very similar to Power 100 in Townsville

5 Likes

Depends on the era. Their time as the “Music that Rocks” station, they played a large chunk of that stuff, while during the Barry the monkey, ‘Never know what we’ll play next’ era, they played a lot of the stuff that is fringe tracks on Triple M 80s.

They used to be a bit more honest with it on Triple M 90s alluding to playing stuff from the Hottest 100s from that decade.

Triple M but in a time capsule would be interesting - giving some of those old “Cold 30s” a run…

4 Likes

Josh Olek from Triple M Brisbane is presenting from 3PM onwards in Melbourne. Unsure whether this will be the case for the entire survey break, but I assume so.

5 Likes

if its survey break why is gleeso still on doesnt everyone have a break

2 Likes

Triple M Sydney are doing the GOAT countdown (aka the greatest of all time songs) this week. This goes along the best songs of the 70s and 80s, best rock songs, best Aussie songs and there other monthly countdowns! lol.

8 Likes

The regionals are doing this too… started Monday at # 400.

I suspect it’s a different list to the metro one.

4 Likes

It seems everybody except Triple M Perth (as expected).

5 Likes