Triple M Network

I think it’d be about finding the right balance, if they did a wholesale change to playing new music, then they would be destroyed in any survey result, but introducing a couple of new tracks peppered in amongst the standard playlist would at least show some progress.

7 Likes

IMO the problem isn’t so much about playing “new music”, moreso, just to play less repetition of the same old Barnesy, U2, INXS, etc. and less of the “blokey/sport/tradie” appeal.

You can still successfully target male music lovers without chasing stereotypes.

11 Likes

I have always said variety is the key.

2 Likes

Over the last two decades I have suspected that the “M” stands for monotonous

4 Likes

In my view, M is for Muddled.

It doesn’t seem to know what it wants to be, trying to be too many things to too many people.

6 Likes

Have been listening to Triple M 2000’s on DAB Radio and have been liking it quite a bit, it’s a lot of the songs that used to be on my iPod back when they were a thing.

7 Likes

Triple M Melbourne presenter Sarah Maree Cameron married Yonis Dawd twice: first at Polly Woodside in Melbourne on Friday, then with an Ethiopian themed wedding yesterday.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/fiona-byrne/how-these-four-successful-melbourne-newlywed-couples-met-fell-in-love/news-story/4d8a35ec17a0693a727b7cbc82b9008e

2 Likes
4 Likes

I wish No Talk Day was every day on the M’s. It would be better for everyone’s mental health.

12 Likes

Not an important enough cause to only do it during ratings break?

3 Likes

Triple M metro and regionals had a good themed “Awesome 80s” Friday today…

Compliation Cassette Tapes was todays theme (complete with dodgy cassette tape sound effects just before some songs!).

Both metro and regionals featured the same albums and played the same three songs from each, sometimes in a different order. Albums covered included

82 The Winners
85 Way To Go
87 Right On Track

They made reference to 84 Hip Hop - which was one of those that didn’t have the original artists (cringe) - and I’ll admit to owning that one! (double cringe!).

In between the album cuts, metro and regionals played their own 80s log.

It was a good listen.

7 Likes

Looking at the music logs, looks like Triple M Perth is doing their own thing!!

2 Likes

It’s a good music format in Perth too. It’s been discussed here previously on the viability of that format over east.

7 Likes

I agree. I feel it should catch on in Perth as people discover it.

3 Likes

OK, someone at the M’s has been listening to my show! That’s basically what I do for the Missing Six nowadays (CD compilations).

3 Likes

‘Nights With Dave Gleeson’ are currently giving away tickets to Evanescence, and have been ringing listeners to announce they’ve won tickets…

No surprise that it’s all been pre-recorded, as one winner just answered the phone with “Good morning”… you’d think they would at least edit that!

7 Likes

And in WA it’s played at 21:00 to midnight. The classic 9@9 doesn’t come on till 23:00.

7 Likes

oh that’s bad! geez

No wonder they are trailing the ratings by a BIG margin in Perth.

3 Likes

That’s the regional WA stations, not sure about 92.9

4 Likes

If the Triple M website is correct, ‘Nights With Dave Gleeson’ airs at 7pm in Perth.

2 Likes