Triple M Network

At least there is 3 of them, with 2 on air from the start, so that’s not as bad. Still not great either.

3 Likes

I’d say there will be an anchor, whether it’s Cat or somebody like Anthony Maroon if he was to go back to 5 days a week which I doubt due to his NRL commentary and luncheon gigs.
Still seems like the shows missing something though to me.

3 Likes

Maroon and MG would actually be a good fit.

3 Likes

didnt they skew away from rock and it failed it wont work in sydney obviously does in perth as triple m is relatively new in that market

2 Likes

It was a horribly narrow playlist, I like the sound of the Perth playlist but listening to it over long periods of time might become real old real quick. If they widened their playlist that they have now it wouldn’t be too bad, or just play rock music from the 70’s to now if that didn’t sound scrambled.

4 Likes

Musical universes of 600 songs etc…,
Restrictive playlist may have worked in the 60’s, why is this philosophy of strict rotations still relevant today?
TV changed into colour in the 70’s why is radio still playing the same tunes?
It’ll be like Knight Rider still being aired in prime time

5 Likes

One of my favourite times of years again with radio, they start to mess around and go random with the playlists, put on different announcers (not so much nowadays) and play music. With the breakfast show finished on 2MMM they were on music until drive.

8 Likes

Luke Bona back from a fortnight off (usual family commitments this time of year).

On this week only then seem to be off for the survey break with no replacement.

Will mean he’s not on air for his sixth anniversary 13 December.

2 Likes

He normally goes until mid December, seems like all shows are finishing up earlier than usual this year. I’m sure he’ll be starting early in the new year then.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if many shows don’t return until late January. I wonder if there is some cost cutting involved here with all the early finishes?

2 Likes

SCA have become the kings at cost cutting the last couple of years.

5 Likes

Am certain @Radiohead @nzwarrior51 that it’s all cost cutting.

For what is essentially a talkback show with two songs an hour, SCA do their best to deter audiences. There should be continuity of the program through the Christmas break, with a consistent relief presenter save for public holidays.

Normally returns after two weeks of January have elapsed, let’s see if that’s stretched to three this coming year.

4 Likes

my post got deleted would rather music than luke bona any way leave talkback for the abc

7 Likes

Yesterday morning Triple M Newcastle stated that Nights with Dave Gleeson was “live from 7pm”… surely that’s not right?

1 Like

I believe he broadcasts from MMM’s Adelaide studios with Mark “Thommo” Thompson

5 Likes
3 Likes

I like the sound of this, there’s still a few weeks of school runs left so plenty of people still listening. It will be interesting to see how a national breakfast show goes

3 Likes

Wow. So Triple M gets a live show & Hit gets a pre-record.

A new strategy for SCA?

5 Likes

(sorry for the double-post)

Triple M’s Summer 600 Countdown | Triple M

It’ll be good if this countdown marks a shift in the 2MMM music format.

5 Likes

Most definitely not live me thinks… I just had Nights with Dave Gleeson on, they haven’t mentioned anything about the passing of Fleetwood Mac member Christine McVie since 7pm (now 8:15pm), which has otherwise been all over the radio everywhere today, with both Triple M Sydney and WSFM doing multiple tributes during day shifts.

Coincidentally, they just played the Macs ‘Don’t Stop’, back announced it and still said nothing about her death.

4 Likes