Triple M Network

yeah but guess what - KO is the official commercial broadcaster of NRL and Newcastle has an NRL team. We should be getting every game, not fewer.

We can only hear US Forces or Heart Of Glass so many times in one week…

2 Likes

Lol yes fair enough :slight_smile:
Anyway how about those Broncos!

1 Like

I had to laugh…

Knights are currently playing the Broncos during in the Auckland Nine’s.

On Triple M’s coverage, commentator mentions Newcastle and says “where you might be listening through KOFM”.

Switch over to KOFM, nope - not taking the Nines…

Doh!

2 Likes

Absolute joke. Rugby league heartland has no coverage of the Nines. ABC no, KOFM no and 2NM Hunter Valley(2GB no rights) no.

Take a deep breath and remember it’s a pre-season tournament that most of the clubs don’t give a shit about.

5 Likes

Didn’t click at first, but it means The Rubber Room has finished up.

1 Like

want to explain why Triple M Port Macquarie, an area with no team at all, is taking the full Triple M call?

They referred to their Port Macquarie station as 2MC during the call yesterday, gave a shout out of sorts to Strawny.

Later said they “forgot” it’s now Triple M Port Macquarie.

2 Likes

Lol no. Why would I want to explain that?

1 Like

well some of us in Newcastle and the Central Coast (in fact a lot of us) follow league, our team, or another team in the competition, and we should be able to hear it on our local football station just like Port Macquarie, Sydney, Coffs Harbour, Upper Cumbucta West…

Why do we need to hear The Power Of Love or You Shook Me All Night Long for the 14th time this week?

It’s because Mike Byrne is petrified of the women listeners going across to NewFM… I’ll give him a tip. And it’s one he should know because he looks at his ratings a lot closer than the rest of us do - when listeners tune out of KO FM, most of them go to Hit, not NewFM.

The ratings show it.

1 Like

You can always listen to it online.

sure, but it’s not the point of it all.

It’s the same argument for people who prefer music over sport on FM. People with no interest in the NRL or cricket would say why do I have to listen to this? I tune to FM for music while I drive/work/whatever. And it’s a bit of a generalization (and untrue) to say it’s only women. There’s a big chunk of people (men and women) who don’t like sport on FM and think that’s what AM is for. Not everyone is going to be happy. And whoever loses out has to just listen online. Mind you I think the bigger problem for Triple M is the actual music they do play - it’s absolutely woeful.

8 Likes

During the season sure, this is a glorified reserve grade pre-season tournament.

3 Likes

speaking of which, heard MMM Port Macquarie do a promo with ALL Triple M games being aired, Thursday through…

$100 says KO doesn’t.

1 Like

Matty White took Rush Hour on Friday nights so he was all over it. I understand everyone’s arguement but me having to work the weekend when the footy is back exciting for me I might add. I couldn’t listen online at work unfortunately.

whats the problem with the music i listen to triple mmm a fair bit and can say there playlist is far superior to any other station am a bit disgusted about the branding of the regionals gold fm on the gold coast says there part of the triple m network then play the chainsmoker like who the fuck are they

1 Like

It does feel a bit weird listening to a regional Triple M, given what we are used to hearing on a metropolitan station.

I heard a promo yesterday on Triple M Port Macquarie, it went something like “The Ray Hadley Morning Show, 9am Weekdays on Triple M”… I knew they were still airing it from when they were 2MC FM, but it sounds even weirder when you actually hear a promo for it (and probably even more so if I were to actually listen to it!).

1 Like

We had a Holiday at Nambucca Heads and it was really weird hearing two Triple M’s on different daytime logs with the same all new Triple M branding.

3 Likes

Hey Champ… always good to hear feedback from radio experts such as yourself although i generally find it more effective when you make direct contact rather than having a bitch online. Feel free to call me on 0249421433 and we can talk footy until the cows come home or the Eels get their shit together… whichever is first.

Mike

6 Likes