Triple M Network

First song on the networked quota filler show tonight was Empire of Sun’s High and low.

Yes, on Triple M metro stations. How does this fit a rock music format?

Sounds like dance music to me. Where are the guitars? Too much audio production, manipulation of voices and instruments etc.

Wouldn’t be heard on B Rock.

Triple M take the Nines this weekend wonder if any regionals will take it

Hopefully not.

2 Likes

I hope they do I’m working and want to listen

“Rage Against The 90s” doesn’t seem to be on anymore (Sydney)…

It’s just automated music, no DJ, no program name tonight.

Music seems to be mostly 90s/00s from what I’ve heard so far …

It’s pretty bad actually…

The fill-in last week preannounced the ‘Baby Animals’ Early Warning…

As ‘here’s the Animals…’

Now if there was some underground groundswell MMM Baby Animals fraternity that says ‘The Animals’ in a big ballsy jock voice… then they could get away with it…

But not the timid, second week of radio school voice.

And he’s probably never heard of Eric Burdon.

That’s who some listeners might have been expecting when he said that.

1 Like

Sounds like something Rob Duckworth would do

Mid North Coast is

1 Like

Radio Today reports that Triple M is beaming Ugly Phil from Sydney into Melbourne this afternoon. It is not confirmed on whether it will be permanent or not, but it has been reported by sources that Dave ‘Higgo’ Higgins, who hosted afternoons on the Melbourne station, has left the network.

UPDATE: It has since been confirmed by SCA that Ugly Phil will remain on-air in Melbourne while Jane Gazzo is on maternity leave.

1 Like

It was my understanding that Higgo had been drafted back temporarily to fill in for Gazzo over summer: if my memory serves, he left the station in 2015.

News around Higgo. Was given a 3 month contract with an option from SCA to continue his employment. SCA did not choose to continue this.

He was given a similar deal in December 2015.

1 Like

Hope KO do

Late 2014 was pushed out due to a working dispute, don’t know exact details

Higgo seriously pissed off someone at Triple M. That’s why he got let go originally. After about 12 months he had managed to redeem himself enough to get some casual shifts, which have become more frequent, but SCA still aren’t keen to extend the relationship long term, so he’s gone again.

1 Like

It’s a shame because he and Dangerous Dave are hands down the best day jocks in the market. It had been good to hear him back on Triple M over summer.

3 Likes

doubt it, Mike Byrne is intent on screwing football fans over as best he can, because he’s scared of a station that doesn’t even rate 8 per cent

Scared of ABC though who do rate well in Newcastle. But it’s the home of NRL. They are taking the app stars I’m pretty sure, does anyone know if it’s on ABC?

He did as well as his attitude to work I believe. Which has now improved.

Maybe he doesn’t want to screw over music fans?

1 Like