Triple M Network

It’s certainly different. While not the same, it almost seems like an early Nova playlist. It’s all 90’s and newer. I actually quite like it to be honest.

4 Likes

Can someone please post a log of Triple M Perth music?

1 Like

Throwback to 96.1 Triple M or Totally Different 5MMM back in 2003/2004?

3 Likes

Here’s a bit

11 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Radio Stations - Music Logs

It’s very much like the “Music That Rocks” era which was (unfortunately) short lived on 2MMM.

Honey by Moby is an awesome song to include.

Well done Triple M Perth. This is a station I’d definitely listen to.

7 Likes

Love this new format. Hope Sydney and Melbourne take note. really enjoy everything in that list except Avicii

7 Likes

I love the new format too and I feel it should get some attention in the Perth market. It’s different to the other offerings in the Perth market, which is great. Triple M needs to really think outside the box in Perth as strategies on the east coast, often don’t work here.

11 Likes

Best of all, any whingers can at least switch over to 96FM.

3 Likes

I agree, looks like a good log. Well done to 6MMM.

If successful I’d love to see that on 2MMM and 3MMM. Especially when there is a potential audience disillusioned with triple j looking for something like this.

3 Likes

I am listening to Triple M 95.3 FM in country Victoria, the classic nine at nine was pretty good. The audio quality is excellent. Is it the same playlist as Triple M Central Coast?

2 Likes

Yes.

4 Likes

Can anyone confirm if any other metro M’s are doing Oztober? Or just 2MMM?

2 Likes

Melbourne is too

3 Likes

Kudos to 92.9 Triple M Perth for having one of the ballsiest V/O guys’ in the industry!

Old school good radio making a comeback.

Sounds good even if it goes into The Weeknd.

5 Likes

With a bit of tweaking I’d like to see 3MMM follow Perth’s lead. No point chasing after a popular Gold 104.3 with a poor imitation playlist.

8 Likes

It was strange hearing Triple M on the AM band in my travels around the Riverina. I am bit worried some day GN FM maybe become Triple M.

6 Likes

Mind you, it feels odd hearing The Weeknd on Triple M, but later on hearing AC/DC and Guns N Roses.

They’re not venturing too far from the original Triple M rock image.

2 Likes

Or as I like to call the AM ones: Triple AM, lol.

4 Likes

Couldn’t agree more mate. I know Gold’s audience has grown significantly in the last 5 years however being the poor imitation isn’t going to make anyone switch over. They need to be different and go back to their 90s to now rock format they had 10 years ago. I thought getting Marty over from Nova would mean a younger shift in their music however they’re playing more 70s and 80s then ever before.

3 Likes