Triple M Network

4 Likes

Rex Morris is returning to Triple M as Head of Music Operations for the network, to be based in Brisbane. He replaces Vaughan Hobbs, who departed from the role last month.

More: http://www.radiotoday.com.au/news/whats-new/10287-rex-returns.html

2 Likes

Just heard another new (though odd sounding) sweeper on MMM Sydney

“If you’re under 20, its important you know that this song was around well before X-Factor”

The song they played was Paul Kelly’s “Dumb Things”

Not sure that much of Triple Ms audience would be under 20…

4 Likes

They are taking the piss

4 Likes

This sums up Triple M Adelaide management at the moment. Adelaide just finished the Tour Down Under, for those that don’t know, a week long bike race, biggest outside of Europe. TMMM sponsor the event - so you would think that the rush hour (sports show) would be back to promote the race (as they sponsor the event).

Last year they had the drive team working the Tour Village each night - talking about the race and everything sport from 4 - 6pm.

This year nothing!! Why sponsor an event when you aren’t going to use the event to get the brand out there.

Also on top of this, someone at SC thought instead of using TMMM let’s instead promote HIT107. So instead of promoting the station that sponsors the event, in which its stations logo is placed around the tracks they rode on. Let’s being in the sister station instead.

Again I just don’t get the thought process at TMMM, they want to be sport but let 5AA get a jump start on the drive time sports program! :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Same with the V8s at Sydney last year, sponsor the event but didn’t make a single appearance, they used to but not in the past 2 years.

1 Like

what is so new about triple m brisbane

Well being half-arsed (if the mods will pardon the term) is typical of SCA. I can see why some people are so cynical about them following through/sticking with, anything.

That’s exactly what I was thinking as I heard marto & ed refer to the new 104.5 triple m yes robin bailey is now on triple m that’s new , playlist new & classic rock but not much is new very strange really

Don’t think she starts until next Monday.

Robin Bailey?

Started yesterday.

Show sounded great - music has been broadened a little to be a bit more female friendly, more 80s classics

I was very encouraged to hear the playlist has been broadened with Robyn’s arrival. So I thought right I’ll give them a listen this morning! Switched over at 8.05 to catch the end of the news, perhaps a little banter then a song. And then they played Khe San. And then I switched back to DAB and overseas stations. And I won’t try again. I mean Khe San, really? I have no words.

4 Likes

Well, it’s only ONE song…

You probably need a longer listen than that.

3 Likes

Meh I’m not sure about that. I think that song says it’s not so much a “new” Triple M but rather more of the same. The thing they don’t get is people have choices now and don’t need to hear a tired and boring song for the millionth time anymore.

2 Likes

I heard Ed Sheerans new song on the ‘New’ Triple M Brisbane.

Back to 93.8 The Sound for me.

2 Likes

Triple M presents, Cricket on a f***ing big boat.
What a day!
Merv Hughes was ON FIRE!

During an interview with Grant Denyer on 104.9 Triple M Sydney, Matthew Johns recalled a humourous story about the old board game Test Match Cricket. An hour later on KIIS 106.5 Denyer was interviewed by Kyle Sandilands & Jackie O, and seemingly devoid of a humorous story of his own Denyer ripped off Johns’ story telling it as if it was his own. Johns and Sandilands have banned Denyer from appearing on their radio programs.

5 Likes

You’d think TEN has paid Triple M and KIIS to get Denyer to be interviewed so he can plug TEN’s shows.

He is not exactly the kind of big name celebrity that listeners would be tuning in to hear.

2 Likes

Seems like a reward rather than punishment :grinning:

9 Likes

All quiet on local drive for FM 104.5 MMM Brisbane: