Triple M Network

Yeah OK, lets just switch off SCA completely.

I haven’t read the SCA annual reports, but I would guess revenue from AM/FM/DAB/TV would far far far out way Listnr…

5 Likes

they have attempted to sell SCA TV and even joked that the company name would become “Listnr (Pty Ltd)” bruh

1 Like

Yep, but I suspect the TV division on its own might be worth more than listnr…

Turning off SCA’s Analogue AM and FM services is farcical, and would kill SCA stone dead, as these services probably contributes the vast amount of the companies revenues.

DAB, I suspect, contributes very little in revenue except to reduce music royalties for stations on the Listnr app.

I am guessing the TV business is probably the tale of actually two networks with the SCA7 stations contributing strongly to the bottom line, but maybe not so much SCA10, Joint Ventures and 7 Central.

I would be amazed if the TV business wasn’t eventually sold to SWM for the 7 branded stations and Paramount for the 10 stations. Obviously the joint ventures in TDT and Darwin might be more tricky. I can’t imagine anyone else would be willing to gamble on regional TV. Exiting TV would however would have significant exit cost’s. Building co-locations, IT systems, HR systems, finance systems would all be shared across TV and Radio, and would all need to be potentially split.

I doubt very much that Listnr is mature enough to be contributing much yet…

This is all purely just hear say, I haven’t read the publicly available ASX reports however.

Bruh…

3 Likes

Didn’t they try that in 2017-18 but it failed and was replaced eventually by MMM Soft Rock, which is now MMM 80s.

INDIE is a great rock / indie station on LISTNR, also on DAB+ in Sydney.

1 Like

Agree. As much as digital/LiSTNR revenue would be increasing it’s still a small part of the pie. But even as LiSTNR and streaming grows, it’s the analogue and even DAB+ stations which give them legitimacy in the market. It’s one of the reasons they are more successful than the many indie online only setups.

TV is very different. They don’t make content for TV.

That’s not a joke albeit not happening yet. Under that plan the terrestrial stations would still remains and one of the avenues of delivering the content. They don’t care if you listen to your local station on FM/DAB/online as long as your listening, so that comment was about removing the divide rather than getting rid of a distribution channel.

2 Likes

oh right, just like Clear Channel corporate became iHeartMedia to promote iHeartRadio, and Entercom + Radio.com became just Audacy lol

2 Likes

You know that they never mentioned turning it off, right? Just renaming themselves potentially.

2 Likes

Yeah totally. I was responding to another contributor…

3 Likes

They don’t now, but SCA made content for TV over ten years ago, remember the Sunday morning music video shows they produced for the SC10 Network (made purely to promote their regional radio stations), as well as a live concert series (Thirsty Merc was one of the artists) done from its Bendigo studios IIRC. Also there was a Sunday morning “State Focus” programme.

3 Likes

Is it just me or is Triple M playing Listenr spots in EVERY spot block latterly?

Im sick of hearing it, that sort of advertising is aggressive and makes it hard to listen to the station.

6 Likes

And in nearly every ad break on SCA TV there’s a Listnr TV ad too.

6 Likes

as someone who cant get LISTNR in the US, and listend to triple M for footy and NRL games mainly, i am glad things like radioapp work here and they didnt put their streams behind paywall like others do

5 Likes

Add “Up Late with Hotdogs” to the list. Aired nationally but produced in Canberra.

Now they’re justifying their Tasmanian produced news updates and Sky News Regional’s Breakfast show produced in Sydney.

3 Likes

…audio ads on broadcast and digital audio platforms, in partnership with McDonald’s.

3 Likes

I had a listen to the 3 examples they provided. They don’t provide live scores in any of those examples though, pre and post match only. They sound relatively seamless but you can tell in a few parts that the audio has been dynamically stitched together.

At least not as bad as the weather forecasts on Ace Radio where they dynamically tag the current outside temperature on the end!

4 Likes

Notice Matty O and Homegrown on in the 9pm hour tonight which is when Dave Gleeson is normally on?

2 Likes

i noticed that i thought my clocks were wrong do we know why that happened

2 Likes

good to hear music on the mms saturday night cause afl was on a week off i think they need to move away from the continuous sport its to much

6 Likes

Why?

1 Like