Triple M Network

Have you seen Triple M Perth’s ratings?

2 Likes

If so, hopefully they twig the music format on the Greatest Hits network because the music on the regional Greatest Hits network is repetitive and bland.

1 Like

I prefer good times and greatest hits format over rocks greatest hits. I’m in Melbourne and usually try and listen to Gippsland if I can get it. Melb just becomes to repetitive and rocky for me. Regional is so much better variety imo.

2 Likes

I’d say the 4MMM transition away from rock would be due to 4KQ wrapping up.

Same with Adelaide as there’s no classic hits alternative on FM.

3 Likes

What I do like is they throw in some new stuff also

3 Likes

93.5 from Bendigo or 94.3 from Gippsland are quite strong around Melbourne. Let us know how you go trying them.

2 Likes

Yep can get both of them in most locations

2 Likes

I’ve had weak 95.3 Triple M Shepparton near Frankston, but it’s definitely harder to get than Gippsland or Bendigo.

3 Likes

4MMM good times and greatest hits sweepers crept in today

9 Likes

Triple M Perth must be sticking with Rock’s Greatest Hits.

1 Like

Maybe it’s too early for Triple M Perth to be making format changes just yet. I know their ratings are not good however.

1 Like

I wonder if SCA ever thought of moving Triple M Melbourne, Sydney and Perth to a more of a Active Rock format similar to The Rock in NZ.
I know The Rock rates very well over there.

8 Likes

I’d love to hear that! Chances are only Triple M Perth would do any better with that format given the competition already from 96FM.

3 Likes

Is Triple M Perth calling the State of Origin tonight?

Or are any other Perth stations?

3 Likes

5MMM in Adelaide have now started getting Good Times and Greatest Hits tagline from I think today, may have been last week though.

4 Likes

But still playing their Famous Rock Music?

1 Like

Ive had MMM brisbane on this morning and the playlist has been good - right now they are playing an acoustic version of white noise by the living end - something they would never have played in general rotation in the past, and have just switched to power of love by huey lewis and the news

it makes sense to switch - if you want harder rock, go to MMM hard and heavy on DAB, and with this change they might pick up some ex KQ listeners. the problem is the image that comes with MMM - the bogan tradie image

4 Likes

The problem is also the amount of talk and sport on the station. I flicked to the drive show yesterday and it was non stop inane talk and barely any music. It was utter crap.

6 Likes

its been an issue for years. its a schizophrenic station. is it music? is it talkback? is it sport?

6 Likes

Triple M Perth should go with it too! Suits Perth.

2 Likes