Triple M Network

2 Likes

is it aimed at blokes who live on the dole with mullets and 3 teeth? As I said Iā€™d make a few changes but I think an overnight talk show thereā€™s nothing wrong with that and who said the show was for bogans, same with the sport. Some of the angles and prizes etc could be mellowed to suit both genders.
But back to Bona I think with mid dawns you should break the monotonous and a talk show does that, they would have music in between Iā€™m sure but playing the same songs overnight 3 or 4 times such as rag n bone mans ā€œHumanā€, breaking it up with something different. Those who work night shift would no something engaging is so much better than music, even with an announcer. Plus Iā€™m some regional areas you donā€™t get a high quality talk back show, besides this (youā€™d get the ABC but sometimes they can be dreary).
But I see a lot of people getting generalised into bogans here such as footy fans, cricket fans sport lovers in general. I know many people who love League, AFL, Cricket, Supercars, Rugby, Soccer etc etc that are not bogans.

1 Like

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, butā€¦ http://radiotoday.co.uk/2017/01/bbc-radio-2-cuts-live-overnight-presenters/

1 Like

That is bad news. The BBC is making some odd decisions imposed by budget cuts with regards to radio, particularly Radio 1 and 2. Thereā€™s already quite a backlash brewing. Theyā€™re a bit like RN in that they think pod casting is the future. Theyā€™ll abandon this I predict.

thereā€™s little difference between UK and Australian radio? You are kidding mate. Thereā€™s a huge difference.

The main difference is that the Poms talk over the beginning and end of songs- that irritates me. They do have a more down-to-earth, ā€œhow are you Mrs Jones?ā€ type presentation, though, which I enjoy. Australian radio is closer in style to American radio, minus the innumerable ads for Geico and credit agencies.

1 Like

The main difference (for me) is that itā€™s way better overall in terms of variety, presentation and overall quality. I can actually listen to the radio for long periods when in the UK. Personally I also think music selection is vastly superior, even on commercial stations. Just my opinion of course but I do notice similarities as well including a mix of public and private stations, overall formats etc.

2 Likes

Agree it is a calmer more down to earth presentation style which appeals to me as well. Like the early days of FM here.

Yes they do occasionally talk over the start of songs though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Unless you happened to be listening to Triple M Sydney last Friday night, where the same ad for a credit agency was on loop for about 40 minutes!

1 Like

agree with variety and overall quality - presentation depends. Iā€™ve heard some shockers there as well.

The format is 2 songs an hour on Lukeā€™s show. Only hear the first one or two hours. Yet to hear rag n bone, most, if not all songs are classics, repeats are few and far between.

Notice anything interesting here?

Ed Sheeran? Dafaq!?

No ā€˜Khe Sanhā€™?!

Adelaide played the Eurithmics but sounds good overall Brisbane playing a lot of Classic Rock. Ed Sheeran I know

1 Like

I think Eurhythmics are on the money. Think they fit a rock station well. But Ed Sheeranā€¦hmm. I personally like that song though. Maybe they are broadening. A bit like Absolute Radio UK playlist actually.

Needs more 70s, less 90s

At first I was WTF? about Ed Sheeran being on that listā€¦ but the more I think about it, I think it does workā€¦ that song is far more rock-like than his other music and I think would appeal to a lot of listeners (albeit if they didnā€™t know it was Ed Sheeran)ā€¦
I think it fits enough for it to be part of the Triple M playlist, and as long as it isnā€™t flogged there shouldnā€™t be too many upset listeners.

1 Like

That your phoneā€™s battery is nearly flat?

4 Likes

I agree about that particular Ed Sheeran song. Probably a bridge to far but Absolute in the UK play Rolling In The Deep/Adele and it works with their mostly rock/classic rock format. At least for me it does. They also play Eurhythmics but only the edgier songs.

1 Like