Triple M Network

SCA still owns the trademark “Rocktober” according to IP Australia. They should bring it back!

6 Likes

Oztober seems to be what they go with these days.

2 Likes

Your kidding me, right?
It’s a word anyone could use.

1 Like

3XY held the copyright to Rocktober for many years, through various owners, then around the same time 3EE started in 1992 MCM Networking Pty Ltd (syndicators of Take 40 Australia) acquired the rights to the Rocktober name and syndicated it to stations around Australia. Somewhere along the line Triple M ended up with the name and used it for several years in the nineties.

5 Likes

You’re obviously not across how trademarking works I take it.

7 Likes

Very well aware of copyright trademarks.

That “somewhere along the line” that SCA picked up the Rocktober trademark would’ve been in 2016, as the company acquired ​Authentic Entertainment (formerly MCM).

My Generation was also picked up in that deal. As a result, that syndicated program switched alliances from ARN (was presented from/broadcast on WSFM Sydney for over a decade IIRC) to SCA.

7 Likes

Marty Sheargold is off air this morning on 3MMM. Presumably a COVID exposure at SCA Melbourne maybe? Anyone know more?

3 Likes

Heard a recorded message from Marty saying they’re all being tested and they’re airing a best-of. They’ll all be back Monday.

6 Likes

Looks like Fox was also affected.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/fiona-byrne/two-melbourne-radio-stations-shut-down-by-virus/news-story/02862a1a00ad769971ff7eab79bb3be7

4 Likes

Triple M networking weekends again, Josh Olek will be on in the metros from 3-6 this afternoon. Did triple M punt all their floaters?

3 Likes

Marty was back on air this morning, broadcasting from his home.

5 Likes

Probably all be networked weekends until the NRL season kicks off next year, especially with cricket coverage through December/January.

3 Likes

From the Hit Network thread:

4 Likes

Ellie and Jamie made it to Brisbane via hotel quarantine? What a welcome to a new job and new home.

6 Likes

Jenna Clarke to depart 92.9 breakfast before the end of the year as she accepts a full time job with Sky news as well as her role at the west.

4 Likes

Well that didn’t last long! She was probably very stretched though taking on all those roles, so something had to give.

6 Likes

Just like the lord mayor of Perth - 3 jobs
Maybe it’s time to give away the TipleM job

1 Like

so the regionals dont have danny lakey weeknights

1 Like

They haven’t for probably 2 months now.

The music with Dave Ferrier (from Brisbane) is pretty good. I heard Duran Duran a short while ago, it’s been a while since I’ve heard them on the regional Ms.

2 Likes