Hit Network

Cause of Martha? Lol

Wtf is with the headline Hahahah

2 Likes

Just noticed a voiceover on 2DAY calling it the “All new 2DAY” playing the hits from the 90s to Now. The music mix has been much better over the last week or so. Hopefully that continues.

7 Likes

A bit weird if they are claiming the hits from the 90’s to now, they still are playing at least two 80’s tracks each hour.

5 Likes

I’m sure Mix106.5 would do that back in the day too.

3 Likes

Just had a quick listen online. Starting each hour with an 80s/90s song is very Mix94.5.

4 Likes

On this morning’s Fifi, Fev & Nick Breakfast show on Fox, co-host Fifi Box noted she was at home, Brendan Fevola was at his beach house and Nick Cody was in a hotel.

The show was anchored by Ellie Angel-Mobbs from the SCA Brisbane studios.

6 Likes

When 92.9 dropped PMFM in the 90s it was called “The all-new 92.9”

3 Likes

“New” works better when there is a truly new sound to the station.

2DayFM has had too many changes over the last seven years for anything to be “new” anymore.

This is close to 2DayFM’s 7th change in music direction since the new year.

If The New 2DayFM is playing “The Summer of 69”, then it is really just The Old 2DayFM with nothing new to offer.

At best - it’s The Refurbished 2DayFM.

11 Likes

I agree.

It’s not “new” when this format has been done within the past 2yrs or so.

4 Likes

The All New 92.9 was meant to be the transitional name before changing to Triple M, but that never occurred…well until 2020.

Once it was announced in 2002 that Perth was going to be getting another commercial FM licence with the likelyhood of going to Nova, they dropped plans to switch to Triple M and stayed as 92.9 with a Hit format.

7 Likes

Correct! I wonder how different things would be nowadays if they’d carried on with their original plan… :thinking:

5 Likes

Makes perfect sense! That explains why they had the 92.9 Freq Club instead of Mix.

Did The All New 92.9 have anything else Triple M oriented?

2 Likes

It’s weird that then that they decided to flip Triple M Adelaide to a hit music format when Nova launched there, while leaving SAFM to be the oldies station - they probably could have done the same in Perth, which I think might have better suited what people remembered Triple M as over there.

It’s amazing how meaningless these station brands have been over the years, seemingly especially 2Day.

4 Likes

Ahh that makes a lot of sense! It used to be “all new 96.1 Triple m” as well.

3 Likes

More like The Newly Polished Turd 2DayFM. By contrast two of the best “New” relaunches in Sydney radio were both 2UW and radical change each time … NewUW in 64 (after finally dropping long running serials) and New2UW in 81 (from MOR to chasing teens) which went =No.1 ratings. Now they were great relaunches.

4 Likes

It was ironic 92.9 was to be a Triple M station in 2002 before becoming one 18 years later in 2020.

3 Likes

92.9 was the Triple M affiliate until 2005. They used to take Get This from Triple M, but ran a hit music format. Once they joined the Today Network, they changed their logo to the blue swirl

Mix was part of Triple M from 2005 to 2020, but only started using Triple M elements in the 2010’s.

8 Likes

What’s Fev doing traveling out side of his suburb and heading to a beach house to isolate?

1 Like

So the rest of his family won’t have to isolate I assume?

5 Likes

Don’t forget, while 92.9 was a Triple M affiliate, Mix94.5 was “technically” part of the Today Network (really in logo only).image

12 Likes