Triple M Network

Dead Set Legends on weekdays in Melbourne?

1 Like

Correct. Just for this week it was.

1 Like

Going to be quite the feast of programming on Triple M in Brisbane tomorrow.

NRL live until 6pm. Then off to Riverfire, which is now starting early at 6.45pm. Then over to AFL Grand Final straight afterwards for the 7.15pm bounce.

Riverfire has traditionally been at 7pm in previous years, but likely moved back earlier to accommodate Triple M needing to head off to the AFL. They are the providers of the official soundtrack to the fireworks.

4 Likes

And conversely, I wonder if Triple M Melbourne will air the NRL prelim involving the Storm at 4pm tomorrow prior to the AFL Grand Final?

1 Like

Even though they could (and arguably should), they’re not scheduled to.

2 Likes

Triple M are doing a 45min preshow for the freakin’ grand final? Surely that page is missing something, I cannot believe that when they do 2 hours pregame for a normal friday night game.

3 Likes

They’re doing their usual Saturday Rub program from 12pm - 2pm as well so between the two, there’ll be sufficient time to build-up to the GF

Another factor is the 6:30pm coverage start time is probably partly due to how Triple M Sydney and Brisbane’s coverage of the Storm v Panthers NRL prelim final runs until that time. As such, starting at 6:30pm allows the whole Triple M Network to link up at the same time for the AFL GF.

2 Likes

It appears they’re just doing their typical music log from 2pm to 6.30pm.

1 Like

There’s a Triple M Footy 25th anniversary special as well between 2pm and 4:30pm

2 Likes

Further to Triple M Brisbane’s coverage today:

NRL Preliminary Final instead being live steamed via the app.

104.5 FM doing music from 3pm until 5pm followed by Riverfire live build up from South Bank leading into the Fireworks with Dobbo, Margeuax and Jamie Angel.

Out straight after the fireworks finished to the AFL Grand Final right when the anthem started.

4 Likes

Angie from triple M Bunbury is hosting almost acoustic Sundays on 92.9 I’m guessing she’s the new workday announcer replacing Cat Lynch.

2 Likes

Explains why Andy Raymond was sideline for yesterdays prelim rather than Dobbo.

1 Like
2 Likes

Does anyone else wish they’d do Rocktober instead of Oztober?

6 Likes

We long to roll over To Rocktober. I remember back in the late 80’s it was huge

4 Likes

Wasn’t “Rocktober” originally a 2SM/3XY/4IP thing? Of course Triple M adopted the idea later down the track, but from a Sydney perspective I think even WSFM has done “Rocktober” in the past…

6 Likes

So did Vega/Classic Rock in the late 2000s/early 2010s.

2 Likes

Yes Rocktober goes back to the early 1970s - I would guess 1973. It spread around the country to many stations that carried similar jingle packages like 2CC, 2NX etc.

5 Likes

Since Triple M is all about rock music, how would Rocktober differ from every other month?

4 Likes

Bring back Rocktober

4 Likes