Triple M Network

Supercars? As I said it’s only a matter of time till they’re calling Race 3 from Flemington

6 Likes

John Blake in Adelaide on tmmm1047 is jumping back to 5aa. Leaving for a hour show on 5aa four nights a week.

Some rumours about exits from the station have been floating this week too.

wonder if this exclusive deal will be an end to ABC Grandstand and Will Hagpn covering supercars.

Unless Will’s health deteriorates I doubt it, even if he just covers it via updates from a home studio or something.

Triple M Sydney currently airing interviews with Rolling Stones band members and playing tracks from the new “Blue And Lonesome” album.

This is what I would like to see Triple M do more of… being a more serious music station.

2 Likes

As it turns out, My Generation will continue under the helm of “Ugly” Phil O’Neil & will air on the Triple M Network, including its metro stations, in the new year.

Source: Radio Today

2 Likes

What a crack up!

ARN seem to have programming paralysis, they knew this day would come, it was always a threat, so where’s their planning to leverage it? Lots more owners to sell to than just SCA stations. ARN: no vision.

Two more additions to Triple M’s cricket commentary team: Mick Molloy and Ten’s Mark Howard.
Herald Sun adds that Neroli Meadows could be part of the network’s AFL coverage for next year as well.

Noticed Higgo has been back regularly recently, did Gazzo leave?

She’s still with the station. Higgo has been back for I think around six months filling-in when needed - have heard him a bit on weekend afternoons since the AFL season ended.

Confirmed by Triple M Here, Robin Bailey will be joining the Triple M breakfast team.

the death spiral of a great station continues…

2 Likes

News announced by MMM

http://www.triplem.com.au/brisbane/news/blog/2016/12/robin-bailey-joins-triple-m-brisbane-breakfast/

On joining Triple M for breakfast Robin said, “When Triple M offered me a role, I jumped at the chance.”

“To join Marto & Ed for breakfast is a dream come true. It means I will be able to continue to do what I love most, broadcasting to the people of Brisbane. I’m really looking forward to this great new challenge.

“Of course it will be slightly different to what I’ve done before, but I’m very much looking forward to being a part of the Ed and Marto show.”

"I love Rock music, I’ve been a sneaky listener of Triple M for years. Bring on more Cold Chisel I say!”

1 Like

Sports commentating, overnight talk and now Robin Bailey?

Time to delete MMM off my presets.

3 Likes

Do it - it will make you feel better trust me. For so many years 104.1 then 104.5 was my No. 1 FM preset. I deleted them altogether in January and it’s quite cathartic :slight_smile: I actually feel smarter and better looking lol.

Replace it with Rebel 90.5

2 Likes

Unbelievable. Bianca Dye would have been a better fit for Triple M breakfast. Robin Bailey is a one trick pony. She’s not funny.

1 Like

At least Brisbane is very lucky to have a decent rock alternative to Triple M. To a lesser extent, the same goes for Melbourne, in which they have Classic Rock Radio (albeit on AM, despite being also available on DAB+). People in Sydney (Australia’s largest city, no less) & Adelaide are not so lucky, and Perth does not have a rock station at all, either on FM, AM or DAB+.

1 Like

A very courageous decision most definitely. It will be interesting to see how many female listeners she can bring across - if they come over and the blokes stay it could work. But I can’t see the females hanging around to hear sports talk piped from Sydney on the drive home

2 Likes

I was correct ,I knew another station would sign her up straight away,but I’m not sure if it will improve their(Triple M) ratings next year.

1 Like

That’s right, she might bring a few listeners across at breakfast time - but they won’t stay long with all the blokey talk and non-stop sports marathons.

2 Likes

I suspect that Robin Bailey is less of a star than portrayed by the media writing this story. I don’t think there will be anyone changing to MMM because of this; more likely a drop in listeners.

4 Likes