Triple M Network

From Radio Today:

[quote]Luke will be heard in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide from midnight on Monday December 12, and will commence on the rest of the Triple M network across Australia from January 9.
[/quote]

And given it’s on Triple M, expect to hear a lot of bogan topics to be discussed.:stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Just when i thought Triple M were getting better…they do this!!!

Nearly ready to delete them off my presets again. First footy, then Merrick, now cricket and talkback overnight??

They’ve lost it.

3 Likes

You forgot to add the closure of Classic Rock Digital to the list. :wink:

But seriously, I agree on what you’re saying. As much as I like rock music, I don’t really listen to Triple M much, at least when compared to some ‘non-rock’ adult music stations such as Smooth.

1 Like

Yep I deleted Triple M about a year ago. I feel so much better for it. I even deleted them from my DAB presets in the car when they axed Classic Rock Digital.

Prediction - 4KQ-AM will be out-rating 4MMM at some point in 2017

2 Likes

They really might as well just re-brand as a talk station. They’re basically 4BC from the 80s - but with less music LOL. They’ll be broadcasting the races at Eagle Farm soon.

1 Like

lets give em a chance. Brian Carlton’s stint on talkback as spoonman was quite good listening

1 Like

Spoonman was a ‘blokey beer swilling bogan’ which suited the station and target audience. Luke Bona is the sort of person your grandparents listen to. I expect some random conversations with the BOM and SMH to simply fill time…

4 Likes

The addition of overnight talkback to Triple M will probably give Sydney yet another reason to keep them largely irrelevant in the ratings. Not to the same levels of irrelevancy as 2UE Talking Lifestyle and Magic 2CH mind you, but I am willing to predict that all ARN and Nova music stations (along with 2GB and 702, of course) will consistently outrate Triple M in the Sydney radio surveys next year.

3 Likes

Who knew mid-dawn radio could create such debate. Keep going!

4 Likes

no. Thursday December 15 is the go.

Weird day… Why midweek?

last metro survey out Tuesday, Wednesday needed for “mental health day” to get over the Tuesday… big wigs on hand to do the launch on Thursday I guess.

1 Like

There is a ripple of excitement amongst some disenfranchised 2UE listeners about Luke Bona’s new show on Triple M. Will we see an increase in the ratings in the 65+ age group listening to Triple M late nights?

1 Like

Maybe 2UE can relaunch as a rock music station and leave the talkback to Triple M.

6 Likes

Triple M talking lifestyle, not bad. :sunglasses:

1 Like

If you want to hear non-stop electric rock tune into 2ue , Sydney’s original ultimate energy station.

I have a good imagination. Haha. If you look at 2ue’s history you will get the energy bit.

2 Likes

Triple M to cover the Supercars from next year.
https://www.radioinfo.com.au/news/triple-m-supercars-australia-sign-exclusive-radio-partnership

1 Like

Before the inevitable complaints about Triple M covering more sports, this deal seems to merely allow them to have drivers/Supercars Media analysis for interviews + updates during race weekends.

It could also mean interviews and updates will be included in Triple M’s AFL and NRL coverage when they clash with Supercars races.