Triple M Network

Chris Judd joins Triple M’s AFL commentary team in 2017.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/chris-judd-joins-the-triple-m-commentary-team-for-the-2017-afl-season/news-story/d5fb394ef76a3801553aee007fa831d5

One program I do enjoy listening to on Triple M is The Rubber Room with Ugly Phil.

1 Like

I enjoy the footy talk but I’m a sports nut. I reckon Chris North does a fantastic job when he’s rarely on. Has other roles but tremendous presenter

Maybe it’s the inner snob in me, but I just can’t get into it. Don’t get me wrong, I like Ugly Phil - the guy is one of the most experienced radio professionals out there - but that show just feels a bit ‘lowbrow’ for me

3 Likes

Never listened to it. I don’t know why he keeps going onto night shows then that gets dropped and he goes elsewhere only to come back to the same position a few years later. It’s happened to him a few times already. Phil is a famtasting presenter passionate about music but I think his format is an interesting music shift and music based shows or specials.

Am I missing something obvious here?

Instead of signing Classic Rock’s death warrant, why couldn’t Triple M have had the same adverts go out at [approx.] the same time on both FM metro and Classic Rock DAB? Advertisers could then have paid a rate for the combined reach of both stations.

The listeners would have kept access to their music-heavy, unboganed DAB service, the advertisers would have had access to a slightly broader but still within-target market and the DAB medium in general would have prospered without such concern over cannibalising the FM service.

5 Likes

Triple M Sydney has confirmed today that Dead Set Legends will continue, in which it will become a nightly show, to be aired at 6-7pm weeknights.

Source: Radioinfo

2 Likes

So the rush hour essentially. In News Ltd papers today Rothfield rumoured one member is looking for alternate work elsewhere. Surely Ginnane won’t move on being heavily involved in the stations sport so tabs could join his son at 2GB or Freedman could go elsewhere

Not sure why they didn’t have Roy & HG on Sunday mornings.

1 Like

@DigiFizz
That would be entirely too logical for them. That is the obvious solution but instead they would rather piss off and alienate a good chunk of their audience and send them to spotify and Pandora.

In Brisbane Smooth FM is only on DAB and they manage to run advertising on a digital-only station without issue. It’s clear a lot (but not all) advertising is “extra” advertising from Nova’s clients who would have been upsold to run also on Smooth. Some of the advertising is clearly Smooth only.

Triple M are idiots not to see Classic Rock Digital as an opportunity rather than a problem. Typical short-sighted mentality that always comes back to bite in the long run.

4 Likes

Big Mistake for axing Classic Rock Digital.

4 Likes

Why didn’t they announce this when they announced the Roy & HG news? At least they could have spin it as expanding DSL to a 5 night-a-week program. Instead they opened themselves up to criticism from angry listeners upset at the show’s so-called cancellation

1 Like

they essentially did - they said they were “hoping” to make DSL 5 nights a week and were negotiating. The reason DSL news was out was because it was leaked a bit early than they hoped to

A weekend with actual music on 3MMM!

"Triple M, great classics like that, and the best new rock like this"
Into Eskimo Joe - Black Fingernails, Red Wine.

The best new rock is from 2006, apparently.

5 Likes

And yesterday afternoon, 2MMM aired the Crowded House concert that was on in Sydney on Thursday night… that was a good listen (though I didn’t listen to all of it).

2 Likes

Triple M Brisbane did this as well

It was the one from 1996.

1 Like

Luke Bona to be heard on Triple M from December 12 doing over night talkback (similar to talking back the night on local works)

1 Like

[quote=“nzwarrior51, post:221, topic:95”]
Luke Bona to be heard on Triple M from December 12
[/quote]Changeover date for the regional branding maybe???

Surely this won’t be heard on the metro stations as well?

Why do we need more talk rubbish on the radio. Especially on music radio stations. At this stage I may as well just go back to 4KQ. At least they play music

3 Likes