Triple M Network

I heard this sweeper on Triple M Sydney yesterday, which will now probably be the last time we hear that until October…

“Good Times and Rock’s Greatest Hits - all weekend”.

3 Likes

yep wish they would play more music less sport

5 Likes

Max Gawn was previously a weekly guest on Nova 100’s Chrissie, Sam and Browny during the AFL season.

4 Likes

Will his segment be just for AFL states only? Or if national, they should also have an NRL segment too.

2 Likes

I’d say it would be AFL states only.

3 Likes

Flock of 80s Friday has been done away with… now replaced with ‘the Awesome 80s’.

4 Likes

Flock of 80’s as a tagline sounded good for a few weeks.

The premise is alright, but then they could also dig a bit deeper into the crates any other day of the week too, and not just for the 80’s. Then throw in some fresh new stuff (they were playing some belters on the Aussie show last night) and they’d be a long way towards a really good, broad sounding rock station, without relying on the same tried and tested Queen and FF classics.

(I must admit overall they are sounding a lot better, at least here in Adelaide, since they expanded the playslist).

6 Likes

I’ve found the Gold Coast MMM’s version of Flock of Eighties when they reminisce about Gold FM and GOC history in general a great option for weekend listening.

4 Likes

That’s good they do that.

Triple M Melbourne also does similar EON FM throwbacks and references when they play an 80s song.

3 Likes

They should be doing the same with Triple M Brisbane with FM104. They have done in the past.

6 Likes

I remember when the Awesome 80s was an hour between 6-7pm on Triple M Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne - this was back in the 2006-2009 days and it was an hour of 80s music between the drive show and the evening show.

4 Likes

The Homegrown show hosted by Matty O each weeknight at 22:00 is my favourite show on MMM. Great music from old to new.

4 Likes

some of the new stuff is cringe though

Continuing the convo from the latest Metro Ratings category re: Triple M Perth breakfast…

If SCA were to launch Triple M Perth today with its current format, who would you suggest they had put at breakfast “from the get-go”?

I reckon they should’ve utilised more of the successful Mix94.5 talent. Maybe move some of the Mix talent over to Triple M?

1 Like

Poach Nathan, Nat and Shaun from Nova.

Alternatively, invest in young talent from the now non-existent SCA regional pipeline

5 Likes

Now THAT would’ve been big. But what’s the bet the audience still would not have followed.

Basil’s former 6PR audience didn’t seem to come across.

4 Likes

Totally different format… Kind of a bit like if Ray Hadley went from 2GB to Triple M Sydney, i think his listeners would stay with 2GB too.

3 Likes

A curious ‘Top 9 at 9’ tonight on ‘Nights With Dave Gleeson’.
It was ‘The Top Selling Vinyl Albums Of All Time’.

At # 8 was The Bee Gees - Saturday Night Fever. But they said ‘Oh we’re not allowed to play the Bee Gees on Triple M’ (even though I’m sure their regionals do). So they played the Dee Gees (which had the late Taylor Hawkins from the Foo Fighters in it) version of ‘You Should Be Dancing’ instead. Which was only slightly less disco-y than the original Bee Gees version.

But then at # 2 and # 1 respectively were Meatloaf and Michael Jackson.
And they played both ‘Bat Out of Hell’ and ‘Thriller’ title tracks in full.
Neither artist normally gets much airplay on the metro Triple Ms (certainly not Michael Jackson anyway).

Seems very curious to say they won’t play the Bee Gees but then play Michael Jackson.

8 Likes

Meatloaf still gets played on metro Triple M’s, mainly “You Took The Words Right Out of my Mouth”

2 Likes

With the very sad news of the passing of Mike Drayson, I wonder what Triple M Perth will do with its station imaging?

Mike gave that station (and others) an extremely ballsy sound. He will be missed.

7 Likes