Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

that’s funny, i would have loved to see the shtstorm if the sale happened :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

And yet as Star FM, the jocks would mention both frequencies :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

I guess with the increased usage of streaming, terrestrial FM frequencies are becoming not as important.

2 Likes

Clueless management has got the industry to where it is today:

I was the tech at a nameless SCA almost metro station once and the genius’ decided they were going to give Tel$tra the heave ho as their phone service provider to save a bit of money. Telstra had a SDH node in the high-rise building we were in with redundant fibre paths etc etc. In came the Optus subbie and installed VoDSL modems and the connection was then to be copper over the street cables back to God knows where. The PABX tech cut the trunks onto Optus and Telstra pulled at the plug at the appropriate time. Luckily I had left the job when this happened because it was a Friday arvo and the VoDSL modems kept losing lock over the dodgy copper so they had no phones all weekend. 2 networked hub stations and no phones all weekend!

4 Likes

I don’t think I have ever heard the Adelaide commercial FM’s mention their Adelaide Foothills frequencies. I doubt many actually listen to those and not sure how needed they actually are.

8 Likes

A blast from the past for the ex-LocalWorks stations.

4 Likes

I can remember 96.9 Sun FM which became Star and a few other variants from the Goulburn Valley use to promote their other frequency 93.7 on Mt Buller. They would run live broadcasts from there in the ski season. To this day Hit and Triple M Goulburn Valley have seperate frequencies at Mt Buller with a studio in Mansfield i think. But it is never mentioned on air which seems a waste

5 Likes

I’m pretty certain, when Nova 919 first launched, they also mentioned 99.1 in the foothills, but those were very short lived. I know the SCA/ARN stations in Canberra used to mention their “in the valley” frequencies, referring to the Tuggeranong valley.

4 Likes

The Mt Buller frequencies have relocated to Mansfield. There’s no studio in Mansfield.

93.7 is one of the few examples of an FM SFN in Australia. It also has translators near Alexandra and Yea. It was originally setup this way so that the traffic to Mt Buller could get a constant signal all the way from Seymour to Mt Buller. In practice there’s actually a few patches of interference along the highway. Quite possibly because the move from the Mt Buller site to The Paps (Mansfield) has shifted the mush zone.

3 Likes

It’s sounding to me like Triple M Central Coast are now taking the Albury/Gold Coast (not sure which location) hub feed on weekdays now?

1 Like

have for a few months

2 Likes

Albury.

2 Likes

Which positioner is Triple M Central Coast using these days?

Is it the same playlist & positioner as Newcastle?

If you want to shake up the Central Coast overnight (without a rebrand), just introduce “The Coast’s REAL Alternative” and take the Triple M Perth log.

2 Likes

Same playlist as Newcastle, different to Sydney’s.

Newcastle still local, I think the whole regional network uses the same positioner … ‘Good Times and Greatest Hits’ I think it is now?

3 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

Haven’t seen much discussion on here about Triple M regional WA. On a road trip atm and an interesting line up. The corny breakfast shows 6:00 to 9:00. breakfast with Joe Blow. Then networking for the day. 9:00 to 11:00 Rural Focus Troy Stockton. Usually 2 songs then some talk about cattle prices, solar power, water filters etr. 11:00 to 15:00 Susie. 15:00 Marty S, 16:00 to19:00 Drive with Cliff Reeves. (good show and host) then replay of Perth drive, then nights with Dave Gleeson at about 21:00

5 Likes

11am Susie… where is she from? Bunbury or Perth maybe?
I was half expecting them to get Leisha from the Albury hub.

If Susie is WA based, that’s good to see that along with local brekky, Rural Focus, Susie and Cliff Reeves that there’s a decent amount of WA programming there.

1 Like

Yep agree and as we are travelling we can usually pick up an AM triple M in the caravan anywhere. Good times and greatest hits playlist but very WA independent on weekdays

2 Likes

Ok I have covid and am in bed bored so I want to start you all off like you all do.

Recently added to the regional MMM playlist:

Wake Me Up - Aviici
Angel - Shaggy

Have at it. I’ll sit back and laugh at your outrage. :rofl:

2 Likes