triple j

It was also widely reported that the perpetrator had stalked Fricker:

You raise a point that is potentially worthy of (seperate) discussion, not in the context of the incident as you did

Security clearly needs beefing up, awful.

2 Likes

Ok, send me the text please of what I contributed.

And the media takes this hook, line and sinker. Good stunt

They’d need to, ratings are dropping like a stone.

Shoe would be on the other foot if JJJ did something ‘irreverent’ and made their way into another station and on air.

For a station that has lost relevance and does nothing cutting edge these days, this act by a non employee is perhaps the most ‘cut through’ the station has had in a long time.

Stalking and assault is very different to wandering in to another broadcaster to try and get air time - especially seeing as it’s not like anyone has really done that.

I’m not really sure what you’re insinuating, but again I’m not sure that stalk&assault are really causing extra ‘cut-through’ - and if so, I don’t know that it’s reallt worth it.

I’ve not been to ABC in Sydney, but I visited the Melbourne studios and the security there was surprisingly intense to me - to the point where I would think it would be difficult to be able to do what this guy did in Sydney.
Is the security laxer or did this guy plan it exceptionally?

Again, you’re taking offence to a matter where none was given.

JJJ has long lost its rough edges, the youthful irreverence that you could get away with being a public broadcaster that commercial stations need to be so careful of.

I’m a daily JJJ listener and I haven’t agreed with everything you’ve said on here, but you’ve nailed one of the key issues with the station as it is in 2018 in this one sentence.

One day they’ll get rid of Kingsmill for good. He’s a cancer on the place and it’s just so painfully hypocritical that they move on older presenters / DJs but he seems to be able to stick around forever.

These days the management seem to define youthful irreverence as Tom Tilley acting like a passive aggressive asshole to Hack guests (albeit at least Hack is more varied than it was 10 years ago when they would regularly talk about climate change 3 times a week because it was the only topic they could get guests to talk on the show for).

2 Likes

You continue to conflate two seperate issues that should be treated separately

6 Likes

JJJ has confirmed next year’s Hottest 100 will be held on Sunday, January 27. Voting opens next week, with polls closing on Tuesday, January 22.

1 Like

With the Hottest 200-101 on the Monday, January 28 public holiday, kicking off at 12pm local.

Double J will replay the Hottest 100 of 1998 on the same day from 10am AEST

3 Likes

Good. Will be listening to that to possibly hear some underplayed gems.

2 Likes

Tim ‘Rosso’ Ross, the one-half of the former duo of Merrick & Rosso who used to do drive on Triple J back in the late 90s/early 00s before moving to Nova 96.9 breakfast in 2001, will be heard on Double J at 8-11am this Christmas Day.

1 Like

Brooke Boney Has left JJJ & will work with Channel 9’s Tiday Shoiw is theur Entertainment Reporter she is a talnt… TRipleJ’s Loss is Channel 9’s Gain she has nt sold listeners ti JJJ out she i thing wants ti bryung Tripole listeners with her ti Channel 9 & i believe she will do so,

I don’t think many JJJ listeners would watch Today. Nor do I think the newsreader would have a huge pull factor no matter how talented she is.

That said, good to see a new indigenous female face on commercial TV.

8 Likes