triple j

Kingsmill needs to be moved on, it’s a joke that every presenter that gets to a certain age is moved on yet he seems to have stuck around eternally as the guy running the show.

Hack needs to be overhauled (if anything they should have it as a daily or weekly podcast, it’s current timeslot and setup is outdated and the content is never all that great) albeit it used to be a lot worse 10 years ago (when for at least a year or two a majority of the show content was about environmental issues).

2 Likes

I kinda like Hack tbh. I’m usually a bit bummed that there won’t be any music for half an hour but then the actual topics are quite interesting so I end up not really minding by the end of it.

1 Like

They have a whole show dedicated to sex so I’m not sure if your rant is close to accurate at all.

Yeah… I think it’s on either Wednesday night or Sunday night.

I listened yesterday but did not hear. I had a feeling after the RDS issues it was going to happen. Is the routing done at Mediahub?

I tuned in last night while browsing through the radio presets and there was some discussion on the topic of sex workers, their stigmatisation in society and their role in providing some emotional support to their clients.

After listening to a few phone ins from blokes discussing their experiences and getting onto the subject of massage parlours doing rubbing and tugging, I felt like I needed a shower.

So your issue with Triple J is the exact opposite of crankymedia’s argument that the station is sanitised. Well that seems to suggest that they’re doing a good job striking the right balance.

2 Likes

Wow, it’s only a two hour show. Get over it.

2 Likes

Last year, the host was inexperienced in handling the subject matter and an all round prude.

This year’s host Nat Tencic is perfect and a good host.

@pelican I was referring to last year’s host as you’ll see if you read my post again.

RDS issues were back on triple j today, followed by some distorted audio an hour or two later.
SDRSharp_2018-04-14_15-32-29

2 Likes

Veronica Milsom returns to triple j on July 23, with Gen Fricker returning to the lunch slot currently filled by Alex Dyson. Put out your tune rags (ping @TheHubMan)

1 Like

I can wait for Veronica to come back but gonna be bad missing Dyso each day :confused:

Deffs gonna be wearing my offical triple j legionnaire

2 Likes

Where had she been?

Maternity leave

1 Like

Any takers?

Good, the show has lacked direction for a while now and when they have tried to do something new they’ve done it very strangely (Some of the Hack Live content last year was trainwreck worthy). Not to mention that now they’re pushing the podcast content more than they used to they could actually go further than just the M-F half hour slot.

To their credit they have done a great job over the years in making the content more varied - if we go back 10 years ago the show tended to get constantly stuck reporting on the same stuff over and over if there wasn’t any relevant news stories.

1 Like
1 Like

Lucky they have TV in St Helens.

Recent submissions to ACMA’s botched idea to support Janet’s desire to save a few more pennies reminded us of poor signal to Tassie’s east coast from the high powered JJJ sites.

The local community station seemingly led by the archetypal community radio leader who reinterpreted legislation more laughably than in The Castle also lamented the end of his monopoly.

This is the gold from “Blitz Grieg” whom I hope is no relation to Tony:

https://www.acma.gov.au/-/media/Broadcast-Carriage-Policy/Issue-for-comment/IFC-17-2018/Star-FM-submission-doc.doc

1 Like

The presenter is Genevieve Fricker, who will appear on tonight’s episode of HYBPA.

1 Like

I’ve no idea why any reader took offence to my comment. My comment did not encourage people breaking in to JJJ, I simply questioned why anyone would bother as who would be that wrapped up with the JJJ of today to bother.

Compared to a few decades ago, JJJ have lost their leadership of their youth market, especially in digital where compared to the rest of the ABC, they lag behind, far from setting the digital agenda.

If you don’t like what I write, please feel free to send me a private message first to discuss, I don’t bite, always respectful communication.

You haven’t cited any facts to back up your claim so I’m sensing it’s complete rubbish.

2 Likes