triple j

Good to see an indigenous on commercial TV. A huge loss for JJJ but a big gain for 9.

2 Likes

big vc
i agree with you.
Brook Boney will bring many ABC Viewers to Channel 9 with her I read on the Age Website that one abc viewer & listener will \follow Brook Boney to \Channel 9 in 2019

1 Like

I don’t think that’s likely to happen.

A lot of the traditional JJJ audience won’t go near commercial radio or television.

3 Likes

JJJ is a radio station, I doubt a single listener will even notice the morning newsreader has hot footed it off to become breakfast television entertainment reporter. This is a story because of who she’s replacing more than anything.

For what it’s worth, I haven’t watched Today since Liz Hayes left.

4 Likes

Wait and see what happens

Already one ABC viewers will follow Broook to Channel 9 many ore will follw him/ her

People view television and listen to the radio.

2 Likes

there are people these days who work on both Radio & Television hence the reason I say these days people listen to and watch the people who are on both Radio & television

Who? You? Hardly a standard media consumer considering you’re one of the four living creatures who listen to MSR.

7 Likes

This should be given an award, masterful.

1 Like

Disappointing, although the last site upgrade significantly impacted usability for non premium members so I’ve used it less and less ever since.

Triple J itself isn’t quite there yet when it comes to the sheer volume of information Jplay provided though.

I have been listening to a bit of the Hottest 100 this so far, and the songs between 80-70 in particular have actually been quite good.

Normally, I only like maybe 1 out of every 5 songs on the Hottest 100 (and Triple J) in general.

I’ll keep listening for a bit longer now, and back in again for the Top 10 or so.

2 Likes

Well its over for another year.

I liked more of the songs this year than I have in past years.

It will make me try and listen to Triple J more often.

1 Like

I’ll firstly get my curmudgeonliness out and ask, how on earth can a song that sounds like an alarm clock and has only three words finish #2 in a national countdown?!

There were some good songs thrown in amongst the list, as usual. Confidence is a slow, easy track that doesn’t offend too many people, much like The Rubens winning a couple of years ago. Not much exciting

Though after yesterday I do think this station definitely has one too many Js in its name for my taste

2 Likes

Enjoying this 1998 Hottest 100 on Double J :+1:
First time i’ve listened to a JJJ station in about 5 years. The callers are good too, better than just straight music.

3 Likes
5 Likes

To power the timeline we collected data from Spotify on nearly every song that has featured in the Hottest 100 since it began

Interesting, ABC continue to ignore the local JJJ analyst that has just wrapped up his years of coverage.

ABC also doesn’t have data of their own and has had to use an overseas third party.

A shame on both counts.

1 Like

Personally, I’d say the 2010 winner is a more accurate comparison… I can see both songs fitting live a glove on Smooth’s playlist.

1 Like

Does/Did J-Play offer similar data to Spotify? I doubt many have the breadth of data about a song as is available through spotify - https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/tracks/get-audio-features/

1 Like