triple j

RN is far more valuable than a music station.

2 Likes

Classic FM is also the most commercially viable station for the ABC - generating significant revenue through CD sales and concerts. Given the current funding issues at the ABC, they’re unlikely to ditch that revenue stream.

4 Likes

Triple J released the rest of the 2018 schedule yesterday:
They’ve made a solid choice moving Linda to the mornings slot IMO.

3 Likes

Though I reckon some may follow Zan Rowe over to Double J. She’s got the same morning timeslot on Double J next year.

Oh definitely - and more exposure for Double J is always a good thing.

triple j Lunch with Alex Dyson.

NO FUCKING WAY!!! YESSSSSSSSS. Now all we need are cheeky special guests made by Tom Ballard and Matt Okine. Make it happen pls.

3 Likes

It’s only temporarily until Veronica is back from maternity leave then Gen Fricker is back to Lunch.

Tom Ballard also did some fill-in hosting after he left in 2013. Would be good to see Tom and Alex reunited.

1 Like

Bring back the weather rave! lol

Linda and her show are the best listening on JJJ at the moment - I hope she can continue doing what she does best (keeping it simple and letting the music do most of the talking) in the morning shift. It should be good, and a worthy replacement for Zan

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve been listening to morning and lunch at work of late and it’s the weakest part of their schedule imo. Glad Linda is moving there.

Hack coming back at ‘The end of this month’

I assume maybe Monday 29th Jan? Just after the Hottest 100 weekend. That would be ideal as it it’s just in time for them to have plenty of conversations and talk about the weekend’s countdown and also the ongoing conversation of changing the date of Australia Day.

What is it with Triple J replaying the same songs over again?

This is something that I’d expect on some Digital Radio station not a station that has a International reach.

1 Like

Darren Hayes and Hilltop Hoods don’t want to be associated with Conservatives putting together an alternative Hottest 100 on Australia Day.

3 Likes

What will these anti JJJ types think when they realise the majority of songs that’ve made it on to the hottest hundred over the years aren’t even Australian and that now JJJ will dedicate the entire day to Australian music?

2 Likes

I think this is the best place to put the following.

This Sunday (28th January), Double J will be replaying the Triple J Hottest 100 from 1997 in full. This comes after the station has replayed the Hottest 100 of 1996 last year to immense response.

Source: Radioinfo

2 Likes

I still reckon it would be so much better if they played it back as it was broadcast in '97, with the then-announcers and all. Would be a fantastic piece of radio history (and very nostalgic for those who listened the first time)

Mind you, the ABC may not even have it recorded…

5 Likes

The #1 song in the Hottest 100 was played a short time ago.

A somewhat controversial Number 1…

1 Like

It was easily the best song of 2017. Plus it has the benefit of keeping Gang Of Youths out of number 1.

5 Likes

That goes to show why I’m not a regular JJJ listener.

I don’t understand the appeal of those types of songs, but I can see that a lot of people do.

3 Likes