Tokyo Olympics Coverage

Got a chance to sit down and watch some of the gymnastics tonight on 7mate. Then they ended the coverage on that channel and told me to turn to 7, which was all fine, but then on 7 they’re replaying what was,on 7mate about 5-10 minutes ago, compete with the Live watermark, when it clearly wasn’t? Really ruined the vibe.

4 Likes

Barely any of it seems to be live on broadcast, I wish they would just do away with the “Live & Free” watermark and let it be what it is.

Lots of conveniently joining sports/matches at critical moments with a bullshit “oh let’s take a look at what’s happening at the xyz” right before the Australian athlete competes or wins something.

But I don’t mind too much since 90% of my viewing has been via the streams.

1 Like

I’ve given up tonight the coverage is boring.

I’m loving the way they’re using the big screen for photos, videos, stats etc… from both seated and walking/roving positions.

2 Likes

Low ratings on NBC in the US for the first primetime coverage of competition.

At this rate they’ll be forcing Paris to change their time to match that of the East Coast so that they win ratings.

5 Likes

Come 2032, Australian broadcasters will want swimming in primetime. It will be the last Olympics to be shown on NBC’s family of channels having won the rights back in 2014.

It gets worse for NBC with marquee track and field events like the men’s and women’s 100m final on tape delay and streamed on Peacock (which is at an additional cost)

3 Likes

9 Likes

Chris Stubbs commentated tennis tonight

3 Likes

Pictograms all over the place confusing viewers

5 Likes

Was watching Rugby Sevens on the world feed and the conversions were on slight delay to fit in the try replay, the score updated before we saw the conversion

2 Likes

What I’ve found is that generally the pictogram is correct, 7+ isn’t updating the EPG quick enough when it moves from one event to the next.

Also confusing is that they seem to be mixing around the sport specific channels (The canoe slalom channel on Sunday was going to be showing boxing(? I think, could’ve been another sport that wasn’t C1/K1) on Monday according to the EPG).

2 Likes

The Titmus’s this morning.

Today’s Tokyo backdrop is very busy.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1RDxlPapMglxL

Seven streaming the swimming live on Twitter.

1 Like

Notice 7plus app no ads when starting a stream today, working perfect for me the last 2 days either on Smart TV, mobile and web.

1 Like

Seven again showing replays of old events when there are live events on! Aussie Reba Stewart in Taekwondo yet there is a replay of rugby on the main channel

1 Like

Did we lose to NZ?

Yes

2 Likes