Tokyo Olympics Coverage

I really couldnt care less if we hosted the Olympics again or not, it doesn’t hold the cachet it used to and frankly the benefits that are claimed from hosting the games very rarely eventuate and end up leaving a poor if not negative legacy to host cities.

1 Like

Wonder why Rooney couldn’t do what Kumi Taguchi will be doing on Friday night and commentate out of Sydney? Over the past year, Fox, Amazon and Seven have all done games/events where two commentators or a commentator and a pundit have been in different states. It’s interesting that it couldn’t be done again in this case.

Regardless, it seems like Rooney will still be involved with Seven’s swimming coverage but just in a different capacity which allows her to contribute from Sydney.

1 Like

A look in the IBC

1 Like

Maybe she doesn’t want to go to Sydney and potentially not be able to get out again.

I thought she lived in Queensland or on the Gold Coast not long ago, was she not on one of their news bulletins a couple of years back? Regardless, possibly would’ve been a similar situation with the crackdown on the border.

It was reported in May that Giaan Rooney sold her Gold Coast home for $2.2 million, and moved to rural NSW with her husband Sam Levett after they bought a macadamia farm.

1 Like
3 Likes

In other words, Brisbane has probably won.

1 Like

Would be bloody hilarious if the IOC rejects the Brisbane bid though.

11 Likes

No it won’t it’ll be a disaster

1 Like

If only Juan was still around: “The winner is … Bris-a-bane”.

4 Likes

7 showed Opening Ceremony dress rehearsal footage during their news bulletin. Don’t think this is allowed by IOC rules

Yes it is because they are rights holders.

5 Likes

Yes would result in loss of accreditation if shot and aired on anyone other than Seven.

3 Likes

10 News QLD opener.

5 Likes

Looks like it’s Docklands not NEP

3 Likes

Not surprising. Still need NEP for Footy Coverage, Docklands studio will allow for a grander set

2024 games eh :thinking:

2 Likes

I remember that back in 2000 Seven broadcast a snippet of the dress rehearsal of the Opening Ceremony.

A friend of mine who went to the dress rehearsal shared some photos around … that probably wasn’t allowed.

1 Like