Today

8 Likes

What are you talking about? I no longer see gender in 2020. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Today’s best week since Easter. The margin last week to Sunrise was >30,000 while at Easter (week 15) the margin was >100,000.

2 Likes
10 Likes

Weekday Today Show would be spewing! So what’s the connection here? Does Lauren know him? I know she was hanging out with Chris’ personal trainer in Byron

2 Likes

Screenshot_20200912-133152~2 Screenshot_20200912-133139~2

9 Likes

6 Likes

Alex Cullen is back from holidays this week.

Deb Knight is hosting with Karl while Ally is on holiday this week.

11 Likes

The downside to the story was plans to film some young cheerleaders from Ballina was shelved when the crew could not make it in time.

3 Likes

Honestly. These people need to get over themselves.

2 Likes

Some caps from this morning

5 Likes

She’s filled in a couple of times already, is this the best they can do?

6 Likes

Deb is very in the fill in role, slides straight back in like nothing happened. Gets on with it and is bubbly and lively in the morning.

12 Likes

That’s the thing, they will try and pull down the show cause it’s picking up again. DM standard practice.

3 Likes

Well who else is capable of filling in for Aly

• Bec Maddern: Melbourne, can’t see them adapting the weekend set-up on weekends.
  • Sylvia: Probably doesn’t want to, since Pete is on Sky in the mornings. May be difficult as well to cover her on Today Extra.
  • Belinda Russell, Lara Vella: Not known enough for weekdays IMO, but perfect for weekends.
  • Brooke: Not a strong co-host.
  • Jayne, Davina Smith: Part time.

Can’t ever see Georgie hosting with Karl ever again!

Deb is the absolute professional, and should deserve a part on the back and some recognition for agreeing to fill-in as co-host, especially next to the guy she replaced!
She is also the best choice!

5 Likes

Never stopped them using Dickie over the past couple of decades.

3 Likes

I would love to see Melissa Doyle come to Nine and maybe could co-host with Karl while Ally isn’t? Or she could be the news reader for today show? Mel could always read the 6pm news on weekends too.

Nine wouldn’t be able to get her just as a ‘fill-in’. She would be associated with a massive pay cheque.

Alex is doing fine on news at the moment. No need for a separate news and sports presenter. Plus Mel wouldn’t join as newsreader, she would join as host (which would not happen).

Georgie’s doing well on weekends so I don’t see Nine changing anything anytime soon.

Not if she was hired as a casual and not on a contract but whether she’d be interested is another issue

4 Likes