Sunrise

Another point against Sunrise.
Reporting on a poll by Herald Sun… I’m sure this is not biased whatsoever.

:roll_eyes: fuck they are pathetic.

3 Likes

It’s a newsworthy story. Should Sunrise have ignored the poll because it was conducted by the Herald Sun? Switch to ABC if you want bias and censorship.

I don’t think this is the time to be reporting on Polls really. We are in a Pandemic, regardless of the poll situation, it’s pushing an agenda.
As a person who is in the midst of all this, I don’t find this reporting helpful at all. There will be a time for the government to be taken to task. Right now my main concern is just making it to the end of the year. Its every easy for people in Sydney to shout about all this crap, but no one else in the country knows what it is like down here having to be in lockdown for this long. Its quite soul destroying. I look at these Sydney personalities with their opinions and I laugh because they are just so far from understanding it.

All these people out in restaurants, at friends houses, on yachts living lives. Yet they claim to understand what it’s like. My main highlight is the 1 hour of walking I can do a day and going to buy groceries. There is no real compassion there at all, it’s all about their ego and opinion.

If Sunrise really cared, they would be doing what they did the Boland era, helping communities, checking in on a Victorian - but no. It’s all about their opinions and debating about Victorias situation which they actually have NO clue on.
It screams arrogance from Sydney IMO.

If I was them, I would be doing things for local communities. Set up an initiative for checking in with a Victorian Family, Business etc each day, have a Skype chat with them.
Maybe even have cash bonuses to help communities rebuild? What happened this heart of the show?

Actually SHOW you care.

4 Likes

It’s the wording of the poll for me. I don’t believe that he would lose a state election held today.

After the very close ratings result on Monday, Sunrise ended up winning week 37 by approximately 30,000 roughly the same margin as the previous week. Both commercial shows were up slightly. It was Today’s highest weekly average since Easter. News Breakfast ranked third, down from the previous week.

2 Likes

This differs to what I’ve heard before…

1 Like

It’s a poll that was conducted for the Victorian Liberal Party by the Victorian Liberals and was somehow exclusively obtained by the Herald Sun, which we all know News Corp have been on a witch hunt for Daniel Andrews during this whole pandemic.

There has even been questions raised within the Vic Liberal Party regarding the results of this poll.

4 Likes

And they reported on a poll earlier this week as well, but it was conducted by the Liberal Party, they said.
Or are they still talking about the same one days later?
How about we move on to a new topic like all the big companies receiving JobKeeper but giving out big bonuses. Haven’t heard that reported yet?
And they could do a correction… it was Duttons office that approved Tom Hanks coming to Australia, not the Qld gov.

2 Likes

The poll was news. Sunrise reports news.

Daniel Andrews approach has been horrific. Ofcourse he faces criticism.

There’s been numerous efforts to connect with Victoria including ‘Sunrise Loves Victoria’ campaign and Sam Mac’s focus on empathising with those in Melbourne.

It’s necessary to strike a balance. Not focus entirely on Victoria.

The Boland days are over. Move on.

2 Likes

I wasn’t specifically talking about the Poll… I am talking overall as a program and network.

Empathy is all well and good, but making network videos of “Stay Strong Victoria” does nothing.

I am assuming you aren’t in Victoria, otherwise I would assume you would get my point of view rather than a “toughen up princess style” reply.

2 Likes

It was the same one, on the same day. You needed to listen to Nathan Templeton’s live-x earlier in the morning to know that it was conducted by the Liberal party, in the days following the road map announcement.

The producer has seemingly copied Nathan’s script and removed the caveat to the report, resulting in that biased summary in the 6.30 news.

2 Likes

Well then it’s time for some good news stories from Qld rather than just banging on about our borders. Sending the Cash Cow to the GC doesn’t suffice!
What about all the small towns and businesses that are back up running and doing well up here?

1 Like

Clearly, the ratings and their lack of leading discussions of worthwhile topics reflect that.

2 Likes

So is JT supposedly now presenting the weather in the studio indefinitely? He is much better out on location doing an OB.

IMO it slows down the pace of show when Sally has handed over to him, as he seems to waffle on for a couple of minutes before getting to the forecast. Couldn’t Sally just read out the weather in addition to news and sport?

Don’t get me wrong, I really like JT but he’s best used when out doing an OB. What’s the point of having him there?

Questions about double standards have to be raised considering they sacked Simon (the question being why was Simon let go, border issues aside, but not JT?), when the sports role is now more expansive/should run longer/is more valuable than weather IMO since weather is now done in the studio.

4 Likes

New day, same old crap by the looks of the headlines… bagging Victoria and Qld.

2 Likes

Turn it off then.

I will for those segments. Been doing a bit of that lately.

Sally should read the news and sport. And JT do the weather plus take on the PopNews/entertainment parts. It would be better for him to do them than their ‘serious’ newsreader.

3 Likes

Mark Beretta will be back presenting sport tomorrow morning.

7 Likes