Today

This could be Today’s first weekly win since Lisa left, a six year winning streak for Sunrise.

This would make it slightly shorter than Sunrise’s winning streak in the late 2000’s (which was from June 2004-June 2011 I’m pretty sure-7 years).

3 Likes

I think she said Alicia Loxley and TJ are doing the coverage.

3 Likes

Ah okay, nevermind.

Last week was Today’s highest rating week since the one that included the Queen’s death last year. It was also the first week this year to average over 200k and Sunrise’s smallest winning margin at less than 2,000 metro viewers.

Compared to week 45 in 2022, Today was up 25,000, with Sunrise and News Breakfast both down around 15,000.

11 Likes

Tim in studio today for weather.

!

4 Likes

Jayne filling in for Brooke who is presenting the Aria awards tonight.

6 Likes

Today: Shopping with Sarah and Tim’s Big Spin… wtf… competitions are fine but these are just tacky, bland and boring.
Is this what has seen the increase in ratings recently? Surely not :exploding_head:

4 Likes

Remember they don’t do I Wake Up With TODAY giveaways anymore.

1 Like

Yeah what’s with all the game shows in the show lately. They other day there were 2 thirty hour the morning. Tacky and they pretty much told the contestants the answer.

3 Likes

Sunrise won again this week by a +10k margin with the average audience across the week lower for both commercial breakfast shows. Apart from the previous week, it was the smallest margin between the two since March. Sunrise was down 10k from the equivalent week of 2022 while Today was up 5k.

5 Likes

Can someone help me settle a memory I either may or may not have haha.

Was the Today Show ever broadcast into NZ? Probably around the late 90s into the early to mid 2000’s. I have a distinct memory of watching it on holidays in NZ but I could be very wrong! Can anyone confirm this?

1 Like

Yes it was (live NZ time), on Prime while it was owned by Nine.

2 Likes

Yep - from 2002 to approx 2008.

2 Likes

They did shows from there too back in the Lisa ans Karl days.

They’d also include some places in New Zealand on the Weather Report and Weather flipper/ticker on screen graphic too.

2 Likes

Yeah but that would have been a sponsor thing, nothing to do with the NZ broadcast.

Thanks all. Glad I’m not going mad!

2 Likes

Another win for Today on Tuesday, its fourth in as many weeks. Today was 6k ahead of Sunrise with both shows well over the 200k mark.

Today won all east coast markets with a very high audience in Sydney in particular and a 15k lead in Melbourne.

11 Likes

Is it because Natalie Barr seems to cry every week?