Today

Perhaps because the show has become very popular in Melbourne and they want to keep the momentum going.

15 Likes

It used to win Melbourne a fair bit when Lisa hosted.

1 Like

It’s winning Melbourne now.
I’m thinking Sarah is having a big influence.

6 Likes

It was another interesting week (for forum members) in commercial breakfast ratings. Today finished less than 15,000 behind Sunrise in the metro markets. The result that included a win on Wednesday was the best since March.

The result was notable for Today winning the three east coast markets. My assessment is that Sunrise has been slowly losing ground in Sydney but slowly making up ground in Brisbane while Melbourne where the margin is the biggest has seen a big switch from Sunrise to Today.

13 Likes

Yet in Brisbane, 9 wins 6pm and in Melbourne, 7 wins 6pm. It’s never a clean sweep.

Although, with the resent change at breakfast Nine News Melbourne won last week and Seven took out Brisbane this week. It’s the flow on affect.

1 Like

The trend is away from Nine at 6pm as well. See my comments on that:

1 Like

I also commented about the average audience for the year compared to weeks won in Brisbane.

Does the average viewer know that Sarah is from Melbourne? Where were presenters originally from really a deciding factor to watch a show?

4 Likes

Unfortunately they do. It would be interesting to see what test results she’s pulling per city. And clearly you haven’t watched the show as they continually highlight this most mornings through conversations with the presenters… heck they even had a commercial advertising that’s she from Melbourne.

1 Like

My theory for a while has been that Melbourne will favour the ‘newsier’ show and Brisbane will watch the more relaxed, less uptight show. NB’s poorer performance in these markets in the last year also supports this.

2 Likes

Nine did run special localised promos for Melbourne when Sarah started.

5 Likes

Not only that but the promo was on heavy rotation in Melbourne throughout summer.

5 Likes

And still runs on the multis

Back-to-back national wins for Today. No wonder Sunrise is stealing their staff.

6 Likes

Thankyou Optus - ironically with Nine Corp impacted by the Optus outage, it brought in lots of extra viewers for Today .

3 Likes

Sarah in Melbourne

9 Likes

Is it me or Christine Ahern and Iza aren’t reporting since last week.

Sarah is doing the memorial coverage for Nine in Melbourne yeah?

1 Like

Another win for Today on Thursday - third consecutive.

6 Likes