Today

I don’t think TCN showed the film of the JFK assassination in colour at the time it happened.

3 Likes

Serious question - how many people do we think actually care about this or the special or the way they ‘said goodbye’?

I get we are all over it. But the general public? Is it really worth all the effort?

14 Likes

Well this is what I’ve been saying all along.

To most people nothing will change at all.

3 Likes

Hmm so why the outrage at the lack of effort this morning?

The “outrage” isn’t at the lack of effort it’s the fact they went to an effort but showed random world footage.

7 Likes

oh.

It looks like they started to dismantle the set after Today ended this morning. From Instagram:

15 Likes

Same with the moon landing footage.

Surprised they didn’t show Harold Holt drowning - would have been a better choice than JFK.

1 Like

I would say some of the screens etc whim the sets maybe recycled around the network.

3 Likes

Ahh I’m so glad they took a photo with the whole set powered off with just the overhead lights on, always been fascinated to see Studio 22 powered off for a different point of view! :slight_smile:

Might seem a bit weird but it’s always cool to see behind the scenes photos :).

12 Likes

they didn’t think to include the footage of Richard Wilkins reporting that Jeff Goldblum had died? :wink:

9 Likes

They’ll probably go to Newcastle and NBN’s new studios when they move next year?

2 Likes

The nine news set just looks like they took the old back screen and put it in the new place. So, so much for a brand new makeover. lost opportunity

1 Like

Yes they relocated the news set? Why buy a new one? Lol

This is the Today thread btw.

3 Likes

ITs going to be the same curved screen thats why. Also I noticed in a ad bulletin with Georgie the screen was either glitching or picking up reflections of the studio

1 Like

Weekend Today

13 Likes

Feels like the same studio than yesterday…

2 Likes

@Horomono yeah because

1 Like

So Nine essentially ripped out the studio from Willoughby and shipped it over to North Sydney? Hence, why we had the older studio for the past few months?

I thought we’d see a completely new set.

3 Likes

Stink