Today

Ben was pushed out because producers wanted to break up the machismo feel the show had. Timmy came on and was somewhat similar but better.

Does Dickie no longer do weekends?

1 Like

He was doing entertainment this morning.

1 Like

5 Likes

On Extra this morning.

Maybe I have bad eyesight but I’ve noticed if I have the TV on (or in the gym on a huge screen this morning) I can barely read the time. Do they do this on purpose? You have white text on a yellow background. They need to darken that box or enhance the timestamp somehow.

1 Like

Channel 9 denies salary leak is causing tension on Today show

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/morning-shows/channel-9-denies-salary-leak-is-causing-tension-on-today-show/news-story/ecb1489015c2b038fd968652e9e0a6b8

The Australian last week published a series of TV stars’ annual pay cheques, including Today host Karl Stefanovic, who reportedly makes $1.5 million per year, and his new co-host Sarah Abo, who joined the breakfast show at the start of this year to replace Allison Langdon, and is said to net around $800,000.

News.com.au has been told the alleged $700,000 pay gap between Stefanovic and Abo has since caused “tension” between the new co-hosts. “I’ve heard that things are very tense at Today after those salaries were published. Relations between Karl and Sarah were already a bit strained and this has made things a lot worse,” a TV insider told us.

“a TV insider” i.e. bs.

Been here before with equal pay arguments but a huge difference between Lisa Wilkinson not getting equal pay to Karl when they’d been co-hosting together for years and a virtual newcomer to the show starting on a lower salary to her high profile co-host.

Yes, overtime that gap should close and after a period they should be on equal pay. Difficult to say how long that period should be but it’s certainly not four months.

3 Likes

Is Karl worthy of $1.5m per year though?

1 Like

If he gets the salary then the company thinks so.

But after all these years with Karl at the helm, Today is still number 2.

3 Likes

Is anybody?

But it’s been far more competitive since he returned, though Ally of course deserves credit for that as well to the extent that if she was still there she should be on equal pay with him (heck, she might even have overtaken him with the move to ACA now!).

So Karl makes even more than what was suggested? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Extended edition this morning looking at the career of Tina Turner - finished 9:24

8 Likes

That’s a silly notion. So what that it’s #2? It’s still a commercial breakfast program bringing in strong enough revenue numbers that nine execs think is worth their while and their money.

1 Like

So pay his co-host equally. They’re doing the same job. Would you be happy to be paid less than your workmate if you were both doing the same job but he was there a bit longer than you?

No one:

Belinda Russell: :dancer: :man_dancing: :dancer: :man_dancing:

5 Likes

Lawd. Why do they keep doing this?

1 Like

Yes, I don’t think the serious news presenters should be roped into doing this sort of stuff.
Save it for off-camera and if there’s a couple of seconds of funny stuff then show it later.