Today

It just seems like a sly dig at Ally and after the Tracey thing which I still think was deliberate

Tracy?

It’s just a continuation of the good natured ribbing she was receiving when they were discussing the appointment on the show this morning. There’s nothing in it.

9 Likes

Maybe a Dream Team in 2023.

7 Likes

Who is that on the left?

Delta Goodrems friend. But isn’t she pregnant?

Yes she is. She’s from Extra (gossip show) based in LA

Renee Bargh

1 Like

The “farewell tour” continues tomorrow.

6 Likes

Full of surprises this week too.

1 Like

So any guesses who will be Sarah’s fill ins next year.

There’s plenty of them who are capable: Sylvia, Belinda, Leila, Sophie Walsh, Jayne Azzopardi, Lara Vella, Deb Knight, Amelia Adams.

1 Like

You forgot Lisa

1 Like

Lisa is not at 9 anymore

1 Like

Emphasising that just screams neputism - arguably even more so when it’s through marriage rather than direct. Just gives the impression the industry is very much imbread, especially sat next to a Stefanovic.

You have to be a real cynic if you get that impression IMO. She’s one of the best journos at Nine, and very much deserves the role on merit alone.

4 Likes

Would say otherwise if it’s through marriage… and Michael doesn’t even work in journalism anymore let alone for Nine.

No doubt about it, and of course journalists meet journalists and fall in love occassionally, but to me as an outsider it seems an odd thing to emphasise the family connections rather than Ally’s personal credentials, which as you say are excellent.

She’ll be a huge loss to Today, and whilst I get the appeal of ditching the 3.30am Alarm Clock from the outside looking in without really understanding the history of A Current Affair it feels like she’s giving up a show which really showcases her skills in favour of a show where she just sits behind the desk linking to reports about rogue traders.

3 Likes

They did promise some surprises… “Does anyone know where Ally’s gone?” Then then ACA them plays.

4 Likes

Seems to me Langdon got it on merit considering she’s been posted as a foreign correspondent, been one of the main faces of 60 Minutes and presented news on Nine for decades. She’s done the work and Nine has an investment in her having raised her profile by appointing her to prestigious roles. If it was about nepotism Mike Willesee Jr. would’ve had opportunities beyond working as a reporter for Nine News and A Current Affair when he was with the network.

5 Likes