Today

I don’t think this is happening anymore.

1 Like

Very interesting. Yeah I really love Stefanovic and Langdon’s Chemistry. But I guess this is the reality of it.

How the heck would she even know this?

1 Like

Well if Annette says it then it must be the gospel truth :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Amidst a storm of gossip, which they were intentionally fuelling, Allison reassured the Today audience “No, no, I’m not going anywhere.” A week later viewers had to find out via a commercial that the gossip was in fact true and they were to endure yet another lineup change.

Comparatively, Tracy told her ACA audience first, “before they read it or heard it anywhere else.” It’s quite the juxtaposition of attitudes that each show has for its audience.

2 Likes

Liars! Damn, liars. :joy:

1 Like

She was vague about it when questioned but I don’t believe she used those exact words. Anyway, it isn’t for her to go over her bosses and make official announcements before they are ready to do so. What was she supposed to say?

1 Like

I remember the speculation around 3 years ago that Ally Langdon would be taking over with Karl joining. I get that change is constant but long-term it can’t be helpful for Today to continue a revolving door every few years.

Consistency.

10 Likes

Odd they didn’t have Ally make the announcement herself on Today of her departure to host A Current Affair.

2 Likes

Probably because she can’t tell the nation yet.

I find it really funny how Today will have had as many hosting pairs in four years as Sunrise has in twenty.

4 Likes

Monday, 28 November
Lara Vella filling in for Alex.
Stefanovic starting jokes of Ally joining ACA.
Expect to hear that theme song of ACA this week.

5 Likes

Say Alex did take over the Weekend Today spot next year, potentially Alex and Belinda could share the Newsreader weekday job, and the come together to host weekends?

1 Like

Sarah appeared on the show this morning.

1 Like

Ally tearing up when the connection to her father in law is discussed.

10 Likes

It’s worth noting that this weekend’s hosting team was less popular on both days than the previous weekend when the show peaked at 193k on the Saturday. This Sunday it was 3rd with NB getting a boost for its post election coverage.

2 Likes

It’s interesting to note the names over the years too. I feel like it can play a big part for the advertising of the show. Karl and Lisa worked well together when you said it. Karl and Ally too. Karl and Sarah fits nice but wish it was the other Sarah who’s going to the Project. One day…

Because you think of Karl and Amelia, doesn’t work or Karl and Deb, again doesn’t work. Karl and Georgie sort of worked only because we were familiar with her already.

1 Like

Which is why I mentioned Tim was noticeably absent. They should really consider him for permanent host.

1 Like

This seems so inappropriate. I don’t understand the thinking about it? Like I’m not offended but huh?

7 Likes

Very poor taste. At times Today struggles with juggling humor with everything else.

1 Like