Today

Sounds more like a fit for 60 Minutes than Today if that’s what she wants to do.

2 Likes

Hey I’d take 60 minutes.

However shifting today a bit more toward some more serious news stuff, vs the fluffy bullshit overload that Pell dishes up over on 7.

1 Like

I feel people who watch the morning shows want light-hearted coverage while they get ready for work and such. I think if people wanted something with a bit more in-depth they are likely watching Breakfast on ABC News.

1 Like

I don’t know why there can’t be a middle ground though. Maybe one promoted story every few days, at the regular time of 7.20ish, a studio discussion with experts and then the 7.30 news. You can still have the fluff, but have in depth reports too as long as they’re packaged and presented effectively.

2 Likes

Not saying everyday, perhaps one sort of serious investigation, interview once a week to fortnight?

NBC today do this well with slotting in serious sort of interviews, big name/contro interviews, live.

They also get considerable digital exposure globally for many days and months after.

6 Likes

I think Mel would be great on 60 Minutes. She can do all the big investigations on stories that actually affect everyday Australians rather than the ‘bombshell revelations’ on Crown, dodgy politicians etc that seem to be the common theme for Nick McKenzie reports these days.

I’d imagine that Mel is only appearing on Today to spruik ‘Australia Behind Bars’.

6 Likes

Rainfall / storm graphic

6 Likes

That was seriously ugly, they showed it when the footage when to fill frame as well and it changed for different areas. Really unnecessary IMO.

4 Likes

I guess Mel Doyle will be on the Today Show tomorrow morning

4 Likes

Sounds like Karl laughed a lot on today’s show according to the numerous media articles

3 Likes

Was Mel Doyle even on the show this week after they promoted her?

1 Like

Yes.

2 Likes

Yep. She was on this mornings show.

2 Likes

11 Likes

How often does Tony Jones appear on Today? Karl and Ally thanked him for his contributions to the program this morning.

He joked in this video here that “a few years ago on the Today Show we did a best of and it sort of didn’t go for that long.”

6 Likes

He presents sport every Friday doesn’t he?

4 Likes

Yeah I don’t watch so I wasn’t sure, you’re probably right, I think it might’ve been mentioned a few months ago that he does sport on Fridays.

1 Like

Ratings info supplied by Nine:

4 Likes

Note:

With Christmas just around the corner, our hosts Karl Stefanovic, Ally Langdon, Alex Cullen, Brooke Boney and Tim Davies will be taking a well-deserved break, returning to our screens in January 2022. A summer line-up will host TODAY from next week, with a mixture of our regular team and new faces.

8 Likes

Wow. the whole team? That’s unusual. I’m guessing DC and Sylvia will be bumped down and Richard on Today Extra.

2 Likes