Today

I seem to recall she had contracts away from 9 that prevented her from doing more.

2 Likes

No, it’s her truth and she’s entitled to set the record straight if she desires. She can even profit from it too, which I’m sure she’ll do handsomely from this book deal. This kind fell all stuff is not new, sounds like you don’t like Lisa more than anything.

3 Likes

I wish the assumptions on this site would stop.

I didn’t say that.

I just don’t think these tell alls and outing people in public because you believe they did you wrong is helpful to anyone.

She didn’t even say anything worth while. He didn’t come to your wedding. Wow. Big deal.

2 Likes

I said it sounds like, people can make assumptions.

I tend to agree with you here, but it’s still her story to tell if she so desires and she has - can’t change that.

The book hasn’t even been released yet so how do you know? You’ve presumably read the one excerpt from the book that has been made available and made your mind up that it’s not worthy. Don’t read it then.

Obviously the wedding vowel renewals is just part of the overall story, but nice way to selectivity choose this part to minimize what happened to her champ :+1:t3:

3 Likes

It’s been five years. She needs to get over it and move. It isn’t healthy.

I quit a job I absolutely hated. It was never going to change. I didn’t bother trying to change it as you can’t remove your boss. I left - for me. Moved on and haven’t actively thought about my time there in years and I couldn’t be happier.

She clearly has grudges. I thought she was better and more classier lady than this.

3 Likes

Honestly, that’s great for you but not sure what that’s got to do anything? A lot of people in other situations wouldn’t be in the same position to change jobs so easily for various reasons, don’t forget that.

Lisa obviously didn’t hate her job, she thought she had a good relationship and even friendship with her on-air co host, likely her bosses and the network and just wanted fair treatment for her remuneration for doing the same job as Karl. All this talk about other work for either party is not relevant, those would clearly be handled separately in negotiations.

The way the network, her bosses, and Karl handled this by all accounts were shithouse.

10 Likes

My point is life is too short to be unhappy. She’s clearly had this consume her for all these years. She looks happy at 10 so she must be in a better place now.

All I’m saying is my original point that tell all’s are nasty and vicious and more often than not do more damage to the person telling. Eg Harry and Meghan.

1 Like

I totally agree with you on this. I think to the core of it this is what the whole thing is about. How the whole thing happened - pay, professional relationship etc.

Then the whole other part which is that she thought she had a great friend - who seems got wind of them giving her the axe and he basically culled her professionally and personally at the drop of a hat.
I think it speaks volumes that they haven’t spoken since that day. The wedding “big deal” is not the sole point, it illustrates the situation and the relationship at the time. It’s just a shit thing to do to someone.
Maybe it’s something that those of us who are older take those situations to heart more than those younger on the forum, but when I read that I thought it was a horrible thing to do to someone.

You can say “she has to move on” well she has and this one excerpt from the book is only a small piece of her story. I think it’s relevant to be shared.

If you don’t like what’s being told, then don’t read it / buy the book :man_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

It’s a bloody biography. She can put whatever she wants in it? You can’t just ignore a massive part of your professional career which in effect does a disservice to yourself in why you’re telling your story in doing the book in the first case

Comparing Harry and Megan to this is a whole other ballgame.

4 Likes

And plus, i think Karl is happy with the current team he’s working right now. After a 1 year hiatus break in 2019.

2 Likes

Exactly - the parity issue may not have just been financial, but opportunity too.

Although I think it is fair to say a newbie shouldn’t expected to be on the same pay as someone who has been there much longer I think certainly after the time Lisa had been there it was fair to say they were equally contributing to the shows success. Indeed arguably what happened in the year after might suggest Lisa was in fact contributing more.

Similarly with Karl and Alison I don’t think anybody would expect their pay to have been the same in their first year, but now as they head into their third it should certainly have moved closer, if not become equal.

3 Likes

Haven’t you seen “Get Krackin’”?

1 Like

Thaf doesn’t count. That was an OTT exaggeration with an agenda. I’m talking about an Australian type Morning Wars show about the characters and BTS off set stuff.

1 Like

David Campbell in for Karl this morning.

6 Likes

& Dickie filling in for Brooke also this morning

4 Likes

Karl recovering from the fallout of Lisa’s ‘tell all’ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

13 Likes

Didn’t ABC recently do one?

1 Like

Didn’t you pitch one?

1 Like

Look how much social distancing they did this morning.

Compare to.

5 Likes

Years ago. It wouldn’t fly now cause of cancel culture.

1 Like