Today

Clearly David and Ally cannot stand each other :rofl:

1 Like

I don;t know if itā€™s management or Karl himself but anytime something bad comes up about him he will go on holidays but will the media drop this? Lisaā€™s book comes out beginning of Nov and the publicity for it will probably go all month.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/lisa-wilkinson-opens-up-on-gender-pay-gap-and-karl-stefanovics-massive-money-deal-in-new-book/news-story/6e90497c29132f2f056875c67e5f4a37

Well there you go. This was referring to a FRIENDS style deal Karl made on pay. I do remember when his contract was up for renewal and other networks apparently wanted him but he also had a manager who did those deals who took a cut too. The thing is his and Lisaā€™s contract renewals were at different times so I can see how this could have occurred. if they were both at the same time it might have happened differently.

Anyway they all make so much more money then regular people and they are just the face of it theres a whole team behind both of them that played a part.

5 Likes

Youā€™re not being impartial in your take at all, so itā€™s clear you donā€™t like Lisa or youā€™re an extreme fan of Karl. Lisa seems genuine and what sheā€™s shared so far is incredibly bad behavior from Karl yet youā€™re more upset that sheā€™s sharing and talking about it? Get it a grip.

3 Likes

Hmm I mean we all have biases, and its very difficult to remain objective (for example I could say your comment shows a bias towards ā€œgenuineā€ Lisa?). Of course that doesnā€™t mean we canā€™t call out various comments, butā€¦ questioning Lisaā€™s motivations for speaking out seems to be far from the most outrageous comment on here, right? It seems a fair question to ask, just like we rightly question and judge Karlā€™s ā€œincredibly bad behaviourā€ :wink:

3 Likes
5 Likes

So thatā€™s why Allison looks like she is happy to be working with Karl. :wink:

8 Likes

No surprise this is inaccurate since itā€™s a DailyMail article.

2 Likes

Karl and Alison both started the same time so this is why I assumed contracts could work out like this now. Karl also has a Stan deal and a few more perks.

2 Likes

Karl gets free Stan as part of his package?

5 Likes

Difference is that I never claimed I was impartial or speaking without bias, they did though. I liked Karl before but he has a history of co-host issues that make it difficult to give him the benefit of the doubt. Iā€™m over him at this point. Iā€™m fully acknowledging my bias. Regardless my point was that they took great issue with Lisa telling her story than any of the egregious things that Karl did.

2 Likes

produces content but cant appear in it.

1 Like
3 Likes

Why do we care about this random Twitter account?

3 Likes

gasps You mean you donā€™t know who Rick is??

2 Likes

No idea? A MASH character?

Why does he keep saying Ms Wilkinson in his replies? Sheā€™s married, also itā€™s weird

1 Like

Iā€™d argue you should get paid more for working with Karl than being Karl. :wink:

4 Likes
5 Likes

Karl Stefanovic rudely ignored me.

Obviously I donā€™t know anything from the inside but this sentiment seems to pop up quite often (Richard Reid mentioned this a while ago in an interview). Perhaps Karl, even for his excellence in journalism and popularity, might not be the nicest person out there?

5 Likes

A new revelation about the pay gap.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/morning-shows/stunning-twist-in-lisa-wilkinsons-pay-claims/news-story/e21a3ba0e57f0286a7d73ab3cefa1f43

ā€˜Karl was paid less for ā€˜yearsā€™
ā€“
But multiple sources familiar with the contract negotiations at the time have told news.com.au that while there was a longstanding pay gap between the two hosts, it was the other way around.
ā€“
They insist that for half a decade it was Stefanovic, not Wilkinson, who was getting far less money than the other co-host. In fact, he was earning half what she was signed on for by then CEO Eddie Maguire and his ā€œbest mateā€ Jeff Browne.

2 Likes

Even if that is true, what would justify Karl then overtaking Lisa and Nine not at least matching the salary for Lisa?

3 Likes