Today

It’s clearly saying Laurel

10 Likes

No no no, the voice was Mark Ryan

1 Like

I disagree @JacobA, it was Damien Burrows!

1 Like

Hahah such confidence for being wrong. Both are Damo’s voice 100%

1 Like

I think we can all agree they have similar sounding voices that can easily be mistaken for one another if not paying close attention. I’ve done it a couple of times during reports until their PTC or sign off airs.

1 Like

Is Sophie gonna go through to the weekend too? If so that means she’s gone 14 days straight

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure Monique Wright has done the same too? Could be wrong though.

2 Likes

None of them compare to the streaks of Deb Knight!

7 Likes

On a related note, Ally is back on Monday.

7 Likes

I think there’s not much a replacement for Sophie really. Deb Knight is busy with 2GB and ACA, Leila McKinnon can’t come down due to COVID restrictions, Davina Smith, Sylvia Jeffreys and Jayne Azzopardi are on maternity leave. Ally is recovering. Not much of an option.

1 Like

@JacobA How about Georgie Gardner :rofl:

6 Likes

I would have given Brooke to TE and get Belinda on Today with Karl but in all honesty Sophie’s been great.

7 Likes

Lara Vella?

3 Likes

Interesting you bring her up. You’d be forgiven for thinking they’ve dumped her. When was the last time she’s been on in a reading or hosting role?

3 Likes

16 maybe?

1 Like

In some ways, I feel like she was one of the ones that got shafted in the whole Stefanovic debacle - she was a regular news fill in, summer host, regular weekend fill in and would have been likely to be a replacement for Sylvia or the weekend host / news. Then Deb + Georgie occurred and so they put a male on news and she didn’t get a weekend gig either. They’ve given her an elevated reporting role but not as many presenting opportunities. (I think she did fill in for Jaynes first maternity leave). Maybe she likes the correspondent role better, but it is a noticeable change.

3 Likes

I reckon she likes the radio job more and isn’t she doing well in ratings with that?

1 Like

What station is Lara on?

Oh I thought we were talking about Deb lol

Source: Mediaweek

6 Likes