Today

She’s wrong. End of story.

This package would have been done months or years ago. They often prepare these tributes in advance to use when needed.

I’m fairness that doesn’t mean much. I dare say that reports like this would have been prepared years in advance and just updated if anything else comes up. Probably voiced at least months ago.

3 Likes

Regardless, if’s not Damien Ryan. That’s the main point.

1 Like

Well said @MWJ.

1 Like

Incorrect.

Mark Burrows voiced the Today report, but Damien Ryan did do the voiceover on the report which aired on Nine’s Morning News:

2 Likes

The story Christine replied to was the Today story, not the morning news, which was voiced by Mark.

So therefore, Christine was wrong.

This is going around in circles.

But you also implied @Nathan_Kiamco was wrong for saying that Damien Ryan did a voiceover. Obviously Nathan must have accidentally got the two reports mixed up, but he wasn’t wrong.

My apologies, everyone. Sorry if it was a stuff up

2 Likes

That’s not true, Nathan replied here in the Today thread and tried to correct TV-Qld that it was Damian which voiced the package, which wasn’t the case in this example.

Anyway it’s now clear that Nathan was referring to the 9 News package, which would’ve been more appropriate in the relevant thread.

2 Likes

Thanks Killy!

I wasn’t bothered to reply cause it’s going round and round but thanks for that.

1 Like

I was mainly trying to make a point out of David’s unnecessary habit of being incredibly nitpicky and being quick to jump to conclusions. He always has to have the last word:

That’s all I will say, I don’t want it to drag on.

Then I think you failed in making your point, especially since David just reiterated that it was Burrows who did the voiceover during Today and that Christine obviously tagged the wrong person (or shared the wrong video) in her post.

If you’ve got a problem, take it to the DM’s or a Mod.

Moving on…

I’ve tried to contact him via DM to sort it out but it didn’t work for some reason.

So sorry to prolong this conversation but I can’t help myself - that first obit that aired on Today & the 1130 News (it’s the same package) is 100% Damian’s voice. I watched the whole thing thinking it was Burrows too, and I know he’s their usual go-to man for these things, but after I saw Ahern’s tweet I listened again and I’m convinced now it’s definitely Damo. Very similar voices but listening closely to the delivery you can tell it’s Damian’s style. @Nathan_Kiamco you were right all along :slight_smile:

7 Likes

@Will well done and thank you.

1 Like

Yes, it was Damien Ryan who voiced the Today show tribute. It would have been sitting on the shelf for months.

5 Likes

The obit on Today Show, the tweet that Christine RT’d, and the Morning News is 100% Damian Ryan and they’re all the exact same obit.

Try turning the volume up.

1 Like

Burrows has a lower and nasal voice than Ryan’s.

1 Like

It is pretty blooming obvious who voiced the morning obit, but just for those out there that are so adamant that they’re correct, compare the morning obit with the night obit. Two different people voicing them.