Today

Was he even reading sport or just talking sport? What’s wrong with crossing to TJ to talk about the footy on the weekend?

He was presenting the half hourly sport.

As uploaded to Instagram by Karl Stefanovic:

1 Like

I like this temporary weekend line up.

Maybe Bec should stay in Melbourne to do sport and could even add Monday and Friday sport and be part of the main show.

3 Likes

Today, Today Extra plus the Early News and Morning News will be live into Adelaide Tuesday.

4 Likes

Ooh! :face_with_hand_over_mouth::thinking:
The truth comes out.

4 Likes

‘I was meant to be on Channel 9, not Channel 10’.

7 Likes

Judging by the show’s Twitter page, Tony Jones was presenting sport on location in Melbourne after 7:30am this morning. Not sure if he was on at any other times.

Weekend Today will air from 6am starting this Saturday.

1 Like

@David Is this the Olympics coverage?

I doubt it. Nine don’t have Olympics rights. I’d say it’s to compete with Weekend Sunrise starting from 6am during the Olympics.

Weekend Today weather presenter Lauren Phillips has been announced as the new breakfast co-host of KIIS 1011 in Melbourne. Presumably, she’ll give up the WT role to avoid the early alarm every day of the week. Any thoughts on replacements?

3 Likes

Here’s hoping Natalia replaces her and returns to Weekend Today!

Since the likes of Deborah Knight, Mark Soderstrom and Basil Zempilas have dual roles (radio and TV), I am sure Lauren should be able to cope.

1 Like

But 7 days a week?

1 Like

Exactly. And with the rest of her life, she will probably want the weekends off. Otherwise we might end up getting her taking lots of days off from burnout, so it’s probably for the best that she leaves Today, at least in a permanent capacity.

2 Likes

Natalia, Lara Vella or Sophie Walsh would be great.

3 Likes

This article confirms that Lauren will continue with Weekend Today. Good luck to her.

She currently presents the weather on Weekend Today, which she will continue to do on top of her new gig.

3 Likes

That does not bode well in her confidence in the show lasting.

3 Likes

And how’s it any different to Narelda Jacobs working Studio 10 and 10 News First? If she’s happy to work, then good on her.

1 Like