Today Tonight

yeah she does, and they’ve already announced Jane reading 6pm solo in the new year, so I guess that’s the new line-up. Rosanna at 4 and Jane at 6.

In Perth, has Monika always been host? Has she ever been a newsreader? Would 9 be after her?

Monika became TT host in 1997, before that she was a Cadet Journalist with 7 and earlier was in radio as a newsreader.

1 Like

Yvette Mooney hosted TT Perth in 1995/96.

She was a awesome Presenter

I always remember her starting the bulletins with “Hello and Welcome to 7 news”. Never good evening, always Hello.

Or as some former members claimed, “HALLO”.

1 Like

TT just used a few seconds from a video I uploaded from 2006 complete with the AM watermark in the middle of the screen. Of all the things I didn’t expect to see on TV. Can’t believe they used YouTube for that.

They could have asked me for the clean version :laughing:

4 Likes

Yvette always did that. I must admit I gave her a hard time about it on here at the time but other than that she was fine.

Very tearful ending in Perth, whole crew came on set and you could see how affected everyone was by it finishing up. Especially since Monica is reportedly leaving

9 Likes

14 Likes

Oh, poor Monica looked so upset at the end. :cry:

4 Likes

Caps:

15 Likes

I watched the final episode of Today Tonight on 7 and It was an emotional ending for Monika Kos. Monika thanked her colleagues, rick and Sue and the staff around 7 Perth.
It’s an end of an era for Today Tonight.

5 Likes

Sure is, Perth was officially the last city in Australia to broadcast Today Tonight.

Farewell to Today Tonight for the past 25 years. I remember in 1995 when it first launched in Melbourne. It had a slow build, but by 2005 the show was a rating winner and finally overtook ACA. Who could ever forget Naomi Robson? She was ratings gold for commercial current affairs.

3 Likes

Robson*

5 Likes

The Chaser used to make jokes of the East Coast TT editions during the War on Everything era

5 Likes

I also remember the last season of Frontline taking the piss.

Anna Coren’s segues!

1 Like

One of my favourites from November 2007.

1 Like

The moment she decided to take on Millionaire and conceded defeat.

4 Likes