Today Extra

Sylvia is the perfect choice as she worked very well with David,always preferred Sylvia in a hosting role than reading news.
Disappointed that David isn’t hosting Weekend Today next year but can understand the move back full-time to Today Extra.
Belinda Russell is a surprising choice as fill in while Sylvia is on maternity leave!

12 Likes

Belinda did a good job filling in earlier in the year. To be honest, who is left?

1 Like

Should of been Brooke Boney covering the maternity leave and then they should of booted her when Sylvia returned.

Have to agree with Rob:

12 Likes

https://amp.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/morning-shows/richard-wilkins-vows-to-shock-on-weekend-today-in-2020/news-story/d94aece14e54d71b5c20485f014dfb05?__twitter_impression=true

2 Likes

I think Richard will continue to be the regular fill in for David next year.

4 Likes

Yet still less confusing than an entertainment journalist hosting a national breakfast news program?

I don’t doubt his journalism skills, just when I think of hard breaking news, Wilkins is not someone that comes to mind.

4 Likes
4 Likes

I’d love to see Shelly Horton from 9Honey given a go hosting. Her wit is always on point!

1 Like

Why is Richard Wilkins and David Campbell hosting the Summer Series?

1 Like

Because they were the hosts in 2019?

Who were you expecting to host the summer series?

1 Like

Sorry, I meant they are hosting TOGETHER! I know they were both hosts with Sonia during 2019 but not together.

Well Sonia is gone so it only makes sense they host together?

5 Likes

Because they are the ones who are still there from Today Extra/Today after Sonia quit and the rest have been culled. :axe:

1 Like

Wasn’t Sylvia co-hosting with David for the last few weeks of the year? They could have re-recorded the summer series with her and David rather than Richard and David?

Na waste of time re-recording

Dickie and David are fine.

They would have re-recorded it anyway. Unless you’re saying they planned for Richard and David to do it before Sonia left?

I’m saying I doubt they’d even started recording them before Sonia left. They aren’t afraid of having her appear in the repeat segments so if she did film the pre recorded opening and closing they would have just left her on.

1 Like

Indeed. The Summer Series links were filmed after she announced her defection to Seven.

1 Like

Ok, so why Richard and not Sylvia then?