Today Extra

Just to be clear, despite the rumours of Georgie Gardner being shafted to Extra, Sonia has been offered a new deal:

1 Like

Reportedly, no confirmation of that yet from Nine.

1 Like
4 Likes

Breaking News: Daily mail says Sonia is rejoining Seven.

I’ll believe it when a more reputable source says so.

There’s your problem, right there… it’s like trusting wikipedia

1 Like

Hmmm… I’m choosing to believe this one though.

Seven sacking staff to cut costs but then offering Kruger big money sounds rather odd.

1 Like

Not an exclusive, but it’s “confirmed”.

Wow. Well there we go then.

I agree. They must have some big plans for her then.
I wonder who will host The Voice?

Guess we found Georgie’s new role.

2 Likes

When networks undergo cost-cutting, they always find room to hire ‘big’ talent. A similar thing happened with ESPN a few years ago when they through a period of laying off people.

2 Likes

Maybe she will host the rumoured midday show on Seven next year.

2 Likes

i thought Brooke would be perfect for Sonia’s replacement?

1 Like

I’m okay with this, she’s not a big loss to Nine though. I reckon Brooke will be moving to Today Extra rather than Georgie.

Georgie back to Sydney news whilst Deb as Today’s newsreader and Tom back at 60Mins

8 Likes

I also think Brooke Boney would be a good replacement for Sonia on Today Extra.

3 Likes

The always reliable Jonathon Moran is reporting that Kruger has signed a contract with Seven.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/shock-departure-sonia-kruger-leaving-channel-nine-for-rival-seven/news-story/41d99974c6b5e8aab8500d9912d035ef

1 Like

I must say I am a bit sad to see Sonia go, because her chemistry with David was fantastic compared to what we have seen on Today for the last two years. Their chemistry would only come 2nd to Larry and Kylie on morning TV at the moment.

I agree with everyone else in that Brooke should replace her. Georgie should go back to Nine News Sydney. At least then, Brooke and Dickie can still share entertainment duties.

Livinia Nixon, Brooke, Shelly Craft or Rebecca Maddern would my guesses for the Carols.

5 Likes

And they always do come second in the ratings. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

And today…Screenshot_20191106-131456~2 Screenshot_20191106-131549~2

5 Likes