Today Extra

So “Doing a ScoMo” is shitting your pants? Classy.

2 Likes

Jonesy will co host with Sonia for the next two days starting tomorrow morning. While Dickie is in London for Beatles Week on ‘Today’

1 Like

Tim Davies would’ve been a much better choice to co-host than Jonesy.

4 Likes

There’s still advertorials on the 2015 Mornings set airing today. Seriously!

Tuesday 1 October-

Today Extra with David and Sonia is coming from Studio 22 this morning.

2 Likes

Oh yeah!
Great Lightning on Studio 22

5 Likes

I would never look at the advertorials that closely to notice.

Thursday 3 October & Friday 4 October-

Richard Wilkins is back co-hosting with Sonia.

Wednesday (16.10.2019):

Richard Wilkins is co-hosting with David today. Sonia likely went home sick; she recorded the opener.

3 Likes

It was mentioned this morning that she left early yesterday because of a ‘stomach bug’.

1 Like

Screenshot_20191018-060553~2

2 Likes

The Sunday Telegraph’s Annette Sharp is reporting that Sonia could be replaced by Georgie Gardner as host of Today Extra in 2020, a claim Nine denies. Sonia attended Nine’s 2020 upfronts in Melbourne this week.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/opinion/kruger-under-review-say-sources-as-nine-bosses-shakeup-today/news-story/b2ce779419aea12fff16cc277811558e

2 Likes

The Daily Mail ripped Nine’s denial from the News Corp story! From dailytelegraph.com.au :

sounds like The Daily Mail to a tee.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if Nine have planted this story to minimise the damage when she is replaced on mornings. Given Craig McPherson has now returned to Seven, Nine would not be throwing the $$$ at her to continue with Today Extra, she is easily replacable on The Voice.

Strategically I would expect them to make some low ball offer that will cause her to walk away from the network, and prevent Nine from looking like the bad guy for “boning” her as they seek to revitalise Today.

1 Like

Just to be clear, despite the rumours of Georgie Gardner being shafted to Extra, Sonia has been offered a new deal:

1 Like

Reportedly, no confirmation of that yet from Nine.

1 Like