Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Would have been a tough gig for Tim to have done anyways. Today Perth news and the 6:00 news

Great choice. Tracy Vo seems to be a rising star over at STW. And looks like it will be only a news update at 7,7.30,8,8.30 and 9. Does anyone else take that assumption from this?

[quote=ā€œWade, post:141, topic:101, full:trueā€]
Would have been a tough gig for Tim to have done anyways. Today Perth news and the 6:00 news
[/quote] I think the main reason McMillian was asked to do them was to try and boost his popularity and familiarity in Perth. And Nine News hoped it would as a result help the 6pm ratings.

1 Like

Yeah most likely that would have been the case

1 Like

Out with the old, in with theā€¦

7 Likes

Whereā€™d you get that?

3 Likes

That should improve the ratings for Today Perth.

What happened to Lisa Fernandez

One of the producers of the newly named Today Extra.

Lisa is still there, doing weather/lifestyle-entertainment style pieces AFAIK

ā€¦and Iā€™m pretty sure that she is one of the many regular ā€œChat Roomā€ guests on Nine News Now as well.

1 Like

yep, I really enjoy watching Lisa, sheā€™s hilarious and her little girl Isabella is so damn cute.

2 Likes

[quote=ā€œTravis, post:149, topic:101ā€]
Lisa is still there, doing weather/lifestyle-entertainment style pieces AFAIK
[/quote] Yeah but I donā€™t think she will do that now unfortunately. TODAY Perth News will only be a few minute news updates not a whole edition, so her role might not be necessary.

Not much hype here for the Today relaunch tomorrowā€¦ Well, today now.

Itā€™ll build eventually :wink:

Ohhhhhh my godddd I hope itā€™s going to be way better than Sunriseā€™s, but they will probably copy them

Howā€™s that?

1 Like

I doubt it will be able to top Sunriseā€™s very impressive new set. They were out of the studio for a whole week, Today hasnā€™t even had 24 hours.

Then it will probably be a few changes here and there. More of a refreshed set than a massive overhaul a la Sunrise.

IMO, the set is the biggest disappointment of the new look. One of the first issues I noticed was that they didnā€™t seem to have a clear vision. The new set is a cross of a hint of new and suit Mornings old set. Do they want yellow and blue or blue and orange? Do they want flat white panels or one that pops?

The next few issues I will discuss I think is because of one thing- the desk. The camera angles are way too tight. Whether it is Karl and Lisa just fit in the frame or Tim covering 75% of the screen I really donā€™t like it, although maybe it is in since Sunrise has the same not as bad problem. Also for news and sport, why have plasma if you donā€™t even use them? I would prefer OTSā€™ but plasmas are better used then as a part of the backdrop for nothing.

This new set also has too many blank panels which often clash and look and unprofessional. As for the ā€˜softā€™ set there is one word- awful. It is so unimaginative and uncreative and seeing Sylvia doing her research and Lisa flicking through her papers in wideshots reminds me of the 2006-2008 soft set which I donā€™t like.

I do though really love the new backdrop and how it seems to change throughout the day to suit the sunrise and I like the idea that the wood has been replaced.