Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Welcome to the Today topic.

-Reiterating from the old forum-

Tim McMillian is presenting alongside Sylvia for the next two weeks with Tim Gilbert LIVE from the MCG on Monday and Tuesday. Aislin Kriukelis has moved over to news this week and Natalia Cooper is now presenting weather. Both Richard Wilkins and Ross Greenwood are on leave.

I agree, Tim is a good fill in host.

Matt, and the key phrase is fill-in. Tim McMillan won’t be able to replace Karl in the long term. I really wanted to not like the team this morning but was quite enjoyable.

So we know a relaunch is coming in January. Can we expect a similar date to the last one in 2012? And what kind of things are we hoping for this time around?

January 25 would be my completely unscientific prediction.

Personally, I’d expect to see completely new graphics, modifications to the set (I think that some elements like the giant video screen will most likely be kept) and maybe new theme music with the next relaunch for Today.

I am very confident that the relaunch will occur on January 25.

Since they have promoted it as a “fresh new look”, I am really hoping of a completely new set not modifications. New graphics are definitely on the card but maybe the style of the opener will remain and possibly the theme music will remain.

1 Like

I’m hoping for an actual intro with a voice over making a return

1 Like

As mentioned above, Deb is back on Weekend Today this weekend also doing the weather. Peter Stefanovic is co-hosting alongside Deb as well as doing the sport while Jayne Azzopardi has the news. On WIN anyway in QLD, Weekend Today didn’t start until about 7.03 with Dora running overtime.

1 Like

Deb said on twitter yesterday she starts her maternity leave in a few weeks.

Wonder who will be filling in for her. Could they bring back Leila perhaps?

@Wade Leila would be my guess,then maybe Wendy Kingston will take over when she returns from her maternity leave.
I suppose it all depends on how long Deb will take off for her maternity leave.

@Salty guess we shall just have to wait and see. But I think Leila might resume her previous position

1 Like

Tim McMillan finished as co-host today.

David Campbell will be co-hosting for the next couple of weeks - Karl ever returning from holidays?

1 Like

as long as the closed captioning people can work out what she’s saying, that should be fine :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@MarkHD l just read article about Leila and the issue with her braces and it said ACA will keep her in hosting chair as long as ratings don’t drop,if they do she will be replaced.
Back to Today topic l originally thought Leila would be the top contender to Fill-in on Weekend Today while Deb is on maternity leave, but now after reading about the issues the braces are causing with her speech l don’t think we will see her on Weekend Today.
She has to wear the braces for another 12 months so l doubt we will see her in any hosting role in that time.

[quote=“mattrobts, post:15, topic:101”]
Karl ever returning from holidays?
[/quote] All that time he was in contract negotiations, Karl and Gygnell probably agreed that wasn’t classified as his holidays.[quote=“MarkHD, post:16, topic:101”]
as long as the closed captioning people can work out what [Leila]'s saying, that should be fine
[/quote] Good one. :smiley:[quote=“Salty, post:17, topic:101”]
l originally thought Leila would be the top contender to Fill-in on Weekend Today while Deb is on maternity leave, but now after reading about the issues the braces are causing with her speech l don’t think we will see her on Weekend Today.
[/quote] If Wendy Kingston returns from maternity leave before Deb, she will definitely co-host. However, there will be that time in between, so it will be interesting to see who it is.

1 Like

As mentioned above, David Campbell is co-hosting with Sylvia for the next couple of weeks, most likely two. Natalia Cooper and Aislin Kriukelis have retained their positioned from last week, while Clint Stanaway is presenting sport.

Friday 15.01.16: Aislin Kriukelis is reading both news and weather. Clint Stanaway is live in Melbourne with sport.
Weekend: Pete, as well as doing sport, is still co-hosting with Deb who is also doing weather. Jayne Azzopardi is reading the news again.

1 Like

NBN promoting the crap out of Blocky and the $2m it will be giving away this year, commencing Monday - ender has Karl and Lisa, so maybe they’re both back on Monday?

1 Like