Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Look who appeared on Weekend Today this morning.

5 Likes

Considering that 9News Sydney will be broadcast from Studio 2 (correct me if I’m wrong), as of tomorrow night - I think it’s safe to say that we can expect the same for Today as well…

1 Like

I wonder what their take will be for Today - whether it will look similar to their previous look in regards to desk etc

Monday 31 August & Tuesday 2 September-

Lauren Phillips is presenting weather filling in for Tim.

EDIT-
With Richard Wilkins still on Entertainment filling in for Brooke again this week.

6 Likes

Caps of Studio 22 presentation:

15 Likes

Shame the set never looked that good beforehand

Probably helps that the graphics match the 4 year old set elements :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Some more caps:

8 Likes

They have transitioned back pretty well. Only can do what they can do under the circumstances and with the resources available!

Interested to see if News uses studio 22 as well.

6 Likes

They are.

Sorry I meant to say whether they will use the same setup. (Desk etc)

They are :stuck_out_tongue:

It was leaked on the content & appearance thread.
Probably just some different set colours.

2 Likes

Well there you go. Haven’t seen it yet ha

1 Like

^^

That actually doesn’t look that bad really!

2 Likes

Anyone think there’s any truth to this article? Considering it’s New Idea I’d take it with a grain of salt.

According to New Idea’s “sources”, Nine wants Mel to host Today during summer when Karl and Ally are on holidays.

3 Likes

The article states Summer, but the question is why would Nine want Mel for Today when Karl and Ally are finally gaining some momentum? They would be completely mad to replace Ally with her (even if Mel was one of the best breakfasr hosts in Australia) if they want Today to have any chance of succeeding.

1 Like

I reckon she could very easily do Weekend Today & 60Mins . Back to what she did so well, but not 5 days a week.

Now that’s a much more likely possibility, although with Nine cutting costs like everyone else will they still be able to afford someone like Mel? She would have a hefty price tag attached to her.

Yeah I could see this, pair her with David Campbell or someone fresh (or prob Dickie), Nine really don’t have many appetising male hosts.

2 Likes

I am sure they can but don’t see her taking over the weekday Today show IF she does go to Nine.
As well as this its more economical I would imagine to have these type of presenters scattered throughout the network. Meaning - utilise them across multiple shows where possible.

It would make sense in my eyes as Mel is Sydney based compared to Bec who is Melbourne based, BUT the real question is who would she be paired with? I can’t see Dickie staying in that role?