Today (2015-Sept 2020)

There better be a newsreader too.

I don’t wanna see that stupid angle of Tom, Deb and Tom all shoved over to the right side of the desk and no one on the left.

It’s looked bad all year.

They need to have 4 people on the desk at all times.

2 hosts in the middle. Newsreader to the left and sports to the right.

We should only be seeing Brooke during Entertainment news and she should be presenting away from the desk.

How far away? In another studio? In another state? Another continent? Another planet?

2 Likes

:roll_eyes: sure.

No tears about jones leaving in Wa…tosser

2 Likes

Next year that may not be what happens with Darren Wick telling The Australian that the focus on Today will be the two stars:

Source: The Australian

3 Likes

Monday (18.11.2019) - Friday (22.11.2019): Deb and Tom are co-hosting with Tom Rehn presenting sport this week.

7 Likes

Who’s Tom Rehn?

He’s Nine Adelaide’s weekend sport presenter, and presents on FiveAA.

1 Like

I, for one, would like to see Wendy Kingston make the move back down south to Sydney and return to Weekend Today as host. She had great chemistry with David when she filled in for Sonia on Mornings.

Otherwise, I would think the other obvious choices are:

Natalia Cooper
Belinda Russell
Davina Smith
or even Sylvia, (post-partem)

4 Likes

I’m quite surprised they haven’t gotten a newsreader in with Tom and Deb co-hosting, so viewers can get used to two (as opposed to 3, which has essentially happened in the last 5 or 6 months) co-hosts before Karl and Ali begin.

1 Like

The new Today Show should take a leaf out of Good Morning Britain’s book. They should’ve a very opinionated host or hosts who isn’t/aren’t afraid to take sides. One word should be in their vocabulary, trigger. With a lot of people now being offended by anything and everything, Today should always trigger everyone to make it relevant.
Both Karl and Ally should also heavily leverage their social media to further push an agenda/opinion. As Karl pointed out to Georgie before, there’s no point sitting on a fence. It won’t endear you to anyone and everyone will just largely ignore you.
Whilst at it, maybe they should get Katie Hopkins as one of their regular panel guests.

Yeah because nothing says entertaining breakfast television like constant bickering, clashes and polarising opinions.

I thought Channel Nine got rid of Karl because it looked like he didn’t get on well enough with Georgie. Why would you encourage them to start that up again?

6 Likes

That’s the exact formula that works for the 2GB breakfast show.

Which they’ve tried to do in the past by injecting Alan Jones into both breakfast shows but where is he now? Not on breakfast television.

You can always tune in to ABC or maybe Skippy the Roo if you want to remain in your bubble or maybe broadcast pattern might be more suitable for you.

You can always tune into Sky News to watch one point of view which you subscribe to.

2 Likes

I’d rather have one POV than no POV at all which I surmise is your preference?

No, I like to see both sides of a story presented, which allows me to form my own opinions. I don’t want people’s one-sided opinions constantly rammed down my throat.

3 Likes

Isn’t that what I wrote, the hosts should’ve their own opinions known rather than just always staying in the middle lane just to appease everyone which obviously makes for rather soporific brekkie show.

There’s nothing wrong with having an opinion and sharing it on breakfast television. But, intentionally trying to trigger your audience (and co-host) does no one favours. One day, Karl will say something polarising and split the audience. The next day, he will be forced to apologise which then alienates those that supported his opinion. Then, it’s everyone hates Karl again.

To be fair, he was on Sunrise this morning.

3 Likes